Priceline Hotel: Help...bid upto $259 for Hotel in MTW and MTE

benningp
By benningp,
in

I stayed for $155 for 2 nights at the Hilton earlier this month...guess I wasn't getting that lucky. Don't really want to spend $1000 for 3 nights, but it's getting pretty damn close since my last bid rejected was a total of $917 for 3 nights...$259/night rejected.

What to do? Split the stay?

Looking at the hotwire availability things look pretty tight, there's only one hotwire 3* hotel for a reasonable ~$400 a night for the duration of your stay. Hotels generally aren't going to offer any kind of reasonable opaque rate when they call sell the rooms at greater than rack rates themselves. I would try to book some kind of backup at this point if you can find one, I doubt you'll see any reasonable priceline bids unless you leave it really close to the date in hope of a cancellation. May want to see if you can stay in another area which maybe more reasonably priced. If you want to split your bid check various hotels/travel sites to see if there are any days with greater availability and try to bid for those days, but with only a 3 night stay changing hotels maybe a pain.

There is some decent deals relatively speaking on easyclicktravel.com

note that some of these deals may be shown as being "on request" which means that EasyClickTravel Travel has sold all of its inventory. They can sometimes get additional rooms from the hotel, but it could take two or three days to reply. If your dates of travel are approaching, this may not be the best stratgegy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]