Priceline Hotel: 3* Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain

slayguy
By slayguy,
in

I am trying to book a 3 star hotel for July 13-15 and was denied a bid for $70 and $75 but both times received this message "If you are willing to raise your price by $22, you can try the same request again right now." Now I have seen similiar messages like this before where you will get the hotel if you increase the price by that much but it doesn't sound like me inputted another $22 dollars will guarntee that I will get the hotel. Should I just keep trying to bid by $5 increments?

I am getting the same message (bidding on a 4 star property, my bid was $92, I started at $85 two days ago) and Hotwire has a four star (I believe to be Omni Mont Royal for $114, which equates to the same price 92+22) So basically they are offering a 4 star for the same price. Summer is busy in Montreal, so I think the inventory for Priceline and Hotwire is fairly slim.

If you raise your bid by $22 you almost certainly will receive an acceptance (you won't if their offer was for the last room avaialble at that rate and somebody else has won it since it was offered... this would be rate, although possible).

However, while you can almost always under-cut their counteroffers, you can't from this screen raise your bid for less than the specified amount. So for instance, if you raised your bid by $10 they would not likely accept it (i forget if they give you an error message saying that you didn't increase your bid enough OR they'll just rejected your new offer)

You can use re-bid zones to start "an entirely new bid" to try to undercut the counter-offer, but unfortunately at the 3* level in Montreal you don't have any re-bid zones available.

If price isn't important to you then you can just accept the counter-offer, but given the time before your stay (i would think the chance of 'missing out on this last room' would be low), so i would probably just bid every 24 hours and increase by $5 each bid.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Funny enough, my dates of stay are actually exactly the same, July 13-15 (our 5th Wedding Anniversary that weekend) The Under 20 World Cup of Soccer has a game in Montreal that weekend, as well as a Reggae Music Festival so that may be contributing to the more difficult bidding. (got a great deal on a flight though, so half way happy) Slay let me know how you make out, I have booked a room at another property (as a backup) but if can get 4 star under $100 will be taking that route.

You must have gotten the good old $11 deal flight from West Jet or Air Canada, it's was a good price. Anyways I received a 3 star hotel for $80 from July 13-15th at Marriott Chateau Champlain. I'm going to check out the reviews of this place. As always used the savingsbarn.com site, and thanks to thereuare for your help.

Have stayed at the Marriott Chateau Champlain. Awesome for attending Habs games, still decent enough without. (it is starting to be in need of a little reno work, or at least was when I was there in March for the Leafs/Habs game) Right near the train station, just a few blocks from Peel and St Catherine. It is getting a little old, but $80 is a good deal, on the Marriott Website it is $220. I think I may follow your lead here, and bid on that. Thanks for the info, I will use the link from here. Oh and yes, I got the $11 deal, if not for the damn taxes would have been an even better deal. Have fun!!

Marriott does not have a shuttle bus that I know of. I usually take the train to Montreal, since it is downtown to downtown, and usually cheaper than flying. Flat rate from Airport to Downtown was $31 in taxi. (we use the Metro or walk to get around) There are private area buses that are cheaper, but a pain IMO

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]