Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt Hotel

luckyg
By luckyg,
in

:) I am so confused. I have read so much and tried several times to bid on nights in New York but with no luck.

I am looking to go April 28 - 30th. Saturday - Monday. We would be fine in MTE, MTW, MTS and even UM/CPS....

I prefer 4*, but would be fine in 3*. I would rather spend up to $200 for 4* but maybe only 175 for 3*. But truthfully I may not have any choice since it is so late and might even have to go as high as $225....

Any bidding help would be so greatly appreciated. Have not been able to figure out the rebid zone that I would use.

What bids have you tried? At this point I would try and find a cancelable backup so you won't be stuck sleeping on a park bench when you get there. You have two re-bid zones mainly the Upper East and Upper West Side for the 4* level. Just checking out some common hotels, Beekman towers is sold out, the Barclay is sold out, Grand Hyatt sold out, Hilton Times Sq is sold out etc. in the four star category for MTE, MTW. Based on that there a lot less likely to be any reasonably priced 4* rooms left. I'll also note Hotwire shows the lowest priced 4* as $269 a night for your dates.

You could try:

$190 for a 4* MTW, if REJECTED

ADD Upper East Side and try

$200 for a 4* MTW,Upper East Side, if REJECTED

Closer browser, re-access priceline:

$210 for a 4* MTW,Upper West Side If REJECTED

$220 for a 4* MTW,Upper East Side, Upper West Side

The bid amounts largely depend on what you've already tried, if you've tried these prices obviously increase them. You can repeat a similar procedure for the other zones in the 4* level. However for the 3* level you have only one rebid zone, the upper west side so be careful when re-bidding, I wouldn't start with the bid amounts I suggested for a 3*, but some figure lower based on what you've already tried. If none of the above work you could try a final bid of MTW,MTE,MTS for a 4* for $225 being your absolute max. Also though there is a number of days where you can still re-bid, so you can take bidding in smaller increments if you willing to make it a bit closer to the wire, though with the hotwire prices stated above prices may also go up closer to the date rather than down.

What has been your highest bid for a 4* in the MTE, MTW, UM/CPS, and MTS zones?

Re-bidding is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and at the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. You can try to figure them out after reading the previous link and the board will confirm them, or if you're still confused, ask for further help in that regard and we'll break it down further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your help. I did get a room as a backup...still holding out some hope.

Thanks again. I will try later today as I did try early yesterday.

I think I bid as high as $200 early yesterday for a 4* ...no luck. starting to panic, even though I have a room...not very happy with it.

Thanks

Congratulations on your win!

Thank you for sharing it with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

I often recommend to users who stay in this area to try Ess-A-Bagel one morning for breakfast... one of the best bagels in the city and makes for a good, an inexpensive, start to the day.

Enjoy your stay in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]