Priceline Hotel: 3* Trenton-Princeton (Princeton-Monmouth Jctn) Hyatt Regency

MEHUL
By MEHUL,
in

You can't bid for a specific hotel... you're bidding for any 3* or higher hotel within the zone you've selected; you could very easily get a hotel other than the Hyatt.

Knowing this area well, and staying at the Hyatt just a few weeks ago, i have to ask why you are considering staying here as a 'base' for NYC commuting :) While they do have a shuttle to the train station, many hotels in the area do not, and the ride each way is about an hour. I think there are much better choices than this area for a 'nyc alternative'.

I assume you'll have a car?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The ideal area would be the Jersey City waterfront.. but if unsuccessful there, next would be the Secaucus/North Bergen area followed by the Meadowlands/Rutherford area.

In these last two zones you may get a hotel right near a bus stop, but if not, you could easily drive someplace to catch a bus or train into Manhattan.

As an FYI (since price seems to be a factor) remember to weight your total cost... i think the fare from from Princeton to Manhattan is more than $10/each way... plus parking! (at least that's what my wife recently paid on this route... she was leaving from Manhattan and we met at the hotel)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I would add, as a very regular bidder for the Princeton/MJ area, that in the last year or so, $55/nt seems to be about the bottom of the market for a 3*. However, I have not scored the Hyatt below the $60's as I recall, and rarely do get the Hyatt near the bottom. Most often, get the Chauncy Conf. Center, the Harrison Conf. Center, and new Mariott Conf. Center. Agree with "thereuare" that P'ton area is a relatively longer and expensive commute into NYC. The Chauncey is several miles from train station. Others, not quite as far, but 10 minute drive or so. Only Hyatt is "walkable" to train station. Parking quite expensive and it fills up early during the week!

However, it might be OK to stay there a night or two if you want to take in P'ton and surrounding area, including sculpture garden in Trenton 10 minutes south (incredible "Grounds for Sculputure") and good historic stuff in P'ton. The campus worth a visit.

I should add, that I have read posts for accepted bids in the $40's for 2 1/2 stars, and guests have been pleased with that newer property as I recall....

Good luck. NYC is very expensive unless you know how/where to go!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]