Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (UM-CPS) Hudson Hotel

hzeigler4
By hzeigler4,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* OR are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better hotel?

I do think a 4* is likely within your budget... the only question is if you prefer paying less for a 3* (personally, in NYC, i'd prefer/recommend the higher star rating when using the opaque providers, but not sure of your own preference or budget)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would prefer to pay less for a 3*. We have been to NY several times and stayed in both so we know what to expect. We are in the hotel room so little time that we would rather spend the extra money shopping or doing something fun.

Any help in a bidding strategy is greatly appreciated! And I will be sure to use the SavingsBarn.com link to get to priceline.

When bidding 3* in NYC you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW and MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115.

If rejected don't get discouraged as the above is a bit of lowballing... i do have a plan, so if rejected post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I warned you above not to get discouaged:

If rejected don't get discouraged as the above is a bit of lowballing... i do have a plan, so if rejected post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

24 hours from your last rejected bid...

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW and MTE...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $137.

If the above is rejected, on HOTWIRE there is a 3.5* property in the MTC zone (best guess is the Hudson Hotel?) and a 3* in the Times Square zone for $125/nite (best guess the Crowne Plaza or Paramount)... match the amenities with those in the Hotwire Hotel List. You could then go ahead and book either of these... much less than your originally planned $200/nite. Of course if you opt for the 3* hotel in Times Square, you don't want to bid as high as suggested above since any bids over $125 would cost you more than the HOTWIRE alternative.

Thanks for trying your previous (and future) bids with the priceline SavingsBarn.com links. If you end up going with HOTWIRE please use the link in my signature to begin your purchase.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Started to do the next set of bidding. I used Savingsbarn to link to PRICELINE! Bid:

Select 3* UM/CPS...

And my bid for $120, it was accepted for the Hudson Hotel July 20-23.

Anyone know if this hotel is a good location, or anything about it?

Thank for all of your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stayed there a couple years ago.

- It's in a very good location, a couple blocks west of Columbus Circle.

- If you are driving, the entrance is very hard to find. They don't have a sign on the building. If I hadn't checked their website to see what it looked like I would never have found it.

- I didn't like it at all because the rooms were like shoeboxes and there was no space for people, let alone luggage. It was like a dormatory.

- The reviews you see on places like Tripadvisor are accurate of the split views about the place: you either love it or hate it. I hated it.

- The staff was friendly and helpful though and you are fairly close to everythig in midtown.

Thanks for the feedback. I will write a review when I return. We are not too concerned with the rooms being small because we have full days planned and just want somewhere to shower and lay our heads down to sleep. :) The location seems like it is just what I was looking for according to your reviews.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]