Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Westin Embassy Row

silentwonder66
By silentwonder66,
in

Any suggestions or strategies for bidding on the second half of our stay? 1st half was accepted for Hotel Monaco. Preferred area would be Capitol Hill area or within Washington at a 4*, provided we can get a $120 or lower rate. If needed we will consider 3 or 2.5* star within Washington first and then outside of the DC area.

Priceline came back with an extend stay option, but that was at $310/nt.

Thank you.

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Convention Center and Dupont Circle...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* White House and Georgetown...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Convention and White House...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dupont and Georgetown...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Convention and White House and Dupont and Georgetown...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us knwo how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Have been trying the bidding strategy through savingsbarn link and have not had any success yet. Bidding has been for 4*, 3* and 2 1/2* up to $120 for all areas indicated on strategy. I'm also looking into HOTWIRE.

Can you help to identify in Georgetown a 3* and amenities are restaurant, pool, laundry, fitness, business and high speed. Rate is $145 for dates June 13-June 17.

Thank you

Still Bidding with no luck. However, I saw a recent posting regarding venere.com and a reasonable rate for Holiday Inn on the hill. Thinking of going this route for back up plan. I know venere.com is legit based on your reply to the post, however, will they allow cancelling, if I get a better rate through Priceline, or will I be locked in? You also mentioned being an affiliate and using the Holiday Inn on the Hill link. I tried using the link, but rates were all 200 and over. Is there another link?

Thanks for the feedback.

I had mentioned booking the rate thru Holdiay Inn and then trying to make a claim of their Best Rate Guarantee vs the rate showing at Venere.

I'm not familiar with Venere's cancellation policy (a quick look it appears that if varies from hotel-to-hotel), but it doesn't appear that they have availability for the balance of your stay either.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see it finally came thru with for you and you were successful. Was $115 the amount of your previously rejected bid?

Thank you for sharing your win and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to start your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay and your vacation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]