AZ Chandler San Marcos Golf Resort

margnizz
By margnizz,
in

Just returned from a short stay at this hotel (Feb. 2004). I won this hotel on priceline for $50/day (see priceline bidding post) and I was really curious to get there to see if this was really a good deal. After staying there I don't think it was such a great deal after all. First of all, I really paid $57.00/day as there was a manadatory $7.00 resort fee per night. This mandatory fee was unlike other resorts I stayed at where the resort fee was optional. I could easily see why this fee was not optional because if it was, no one would take them up on it. The fee was supposed to cover the resort amenities but there really were none. The pool was very small (about the size of a large backyard pool) and kind of run down. The hotel is considered historic because of its age and it really does look like a hotel that would have been nice in the 70's. The guest room was not terrible though it had a strange smell that I couldn't get used to. The room was a good size and very clean. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is not the best though we didn't encounter any problems. Overall, this hotel isn't awful and if you can get it for less than $50.00 and you are not too concerned with amenities and nice views then it may be ok.

• 5 months later...

One word: DUMP!

As friendly as the staff may have been, there is absolutely nothing "resort" about this place. More of a motel feel, if you as me. Old, run down, dingy... Awful setting! Construction sites, empty lots, trashy homes all around you. The ONLY nice thing about the place was the swimming pool and the jacuzzi. (And even this area is in need of a coat of paint and a good ol' fashioned scrubbing!)

The $7 mandatory "resort fee" covers local and 800 calls and some other random items they had to search their brains to come up with.

Ain't no way in the world I'm ever bidding for a Resort in the Chandler Vicinity in Phoenix again. Sorry!

DeltaPurser :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]