Hotwire Hotel: 3* Tucson (Central) Doubletree

bighoffdog
By bighoffdog,
in

Lesson: Use the SB link !!

In haste, I forgot to use the SB link and logged onto Hotwire to purchase a 2 night stay at a 3* Tucson (Central) hotel. I was sure it was the Doubletree (for only $54!) & upon entering credit card info, I was asked to purchase an additional cc protection plan. I declined and waited for my confirmation. I caught a quick glimpse of the Doubletree symbol on a newly opened window and then........the window died and I received a message from Hotwire that my reservation wasn't completed since my itinerary was no longer available.

Quick phone calls to Hotwire blamed the hotel for being full & got me nowhere, nor did calls to the national Doubletree reservation center. They quoted $155 per night. My res was now a ghost. However, I called the hotel directly and was told they didn't have my reservation but to call back in 30 min. Clerk asked me to call my bank to make sure I wasn't charged. Bank associate urged me to "try again" on Hotwire since I had not been billed. So, I did.

This time, though....I went to SavingsBarn.com and clicked on the link to HOTWIRE and voila!! It worked. Called back the hotel front desk and they confirmed the reservation :)

3* Tucson (Central) - Customer Favorite

Doubletree Hotel Tucson at Reid Park

445 S. Alvernon Way

Tucson, AZ 85711

Check in: Fri 4/13/07

Check out: Sun 4/15/07

$54.00 per night x 2 $108.00

Taxes, chgs, fees 21.54

TOTAL $129.54

Congratulations on your success... sorry to hear you had to 'scramble' to get this done but at least it all worked out in the end.

Please note that we now have our own HOTWIRE link, please use our own links to HOTWIRE when using that service (still no links to Pricline :) for which you can continue to use the SB links)

Thanks for sharing your results with the board. Can you please also add the amenities shown before your purhcase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks again... have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Happy to use the BB HOTWIRE link now that I know! I just noticed it in the corner. Thanks for the update.

Also, I'm happy to add the Hotwire amenities listed (prior to purchase) for the Doubletree Tucson at Reid Park (Central Tucson).

**Customer Favorite**

Business Center

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant

By the way, I've stayed here at least 15 times over the years. Many friends and family members have as well. It's important to note that Tucson has many great restaurants and a traveler should venture out and try them. This hotel's on site restaurants have never been up to par, considering Tucson's culinary history. Always ask a local. I lived in Tucson for 17 years. The locals won't steer you wrong. Tucson has great 4* restaurants, college hot spots, kick-back watering hole dives and everything in between.

Side note: My $54 per night stay was for 2 adults and 2 children. Can't beat the price. :)

Thanks for the follow-up.

For restaurants, we also recommend checking out our sister/compliment site, Bargain Bites which offers discounted restaurant gift certificates... you can input the address of your hotel and then see restaurants within a selected radius of the hotels.

As they currently have a 50% off promotion as well as an additional $10 gift certificate... it is a good time to see if they offer restaurants that you know you'll be visiting as well as try new ones.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]