Did I get an Upgrade?

debbiest
By debbiest,
in

Tough to say without knowing the which Hyatt hotel you received... each uses their own wording/description of their rooms, but at this juncture i would doubt it. Most true upgrades are done at check-in due to a variety of reasons... lack of avaialability of "standard" rooms when you check, member of hotel's affinity program, frequent guest at that specific location, good mood of the clerk, etc, etc.

If you post the actual hotel (and hopefully post your "win" in the appropriate state category :) so that others can benefit from the information) i will try to do some websurfing and see if i can figure out the different "class" of rooms.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, apparently "Vice Presidential" is their indication for a suite, but whether or not the word Priceline in front of it means anything i do not know... so for now i would say it looks promising. HOWEVER, i would go with the expectation of a regular room so that you are not disappointed if it doesn't work out that way (as upgrades like this are rare, and perhaps unheard of before check-in).

A few questions though, since i had thought that all hotel chains stopped the ability to access Priceline's reservations thru their own websites.... how did you pull up your reservation at the website (last name or reservation number), did they show your bid price or what Priceline paid for the room?

When you have a moment please post this win in the Illinois section of the board along with the star, taxes paid, and price information. That would be the place where the info will help the most number of people, as well as give you a place to post a follow-up after your stay so that we can find out if you were indeed upgraded (i'm anxious to know).

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,I went to the Hyatt website and used their Change Reservation link.When I put in my Name and Confirm # it said I could VIEW my reservation but I could not change it online and gave me a 1-800 # for this.

It did not list any prices paid.Just my Name,Dates,2 Adults,then on the Room Description it also says: Convenient Amenities Including 2 Phones.

A Suite would be great but I am in no way expecting one. Aftertall it's a Priceline Bid.

I will list my bid on the Illinois site.

Thank you for your help,Debbie

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]