Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Loop & NMA) Rejected

jessicaviolin
By jessicaviolin,
in

Hello! (First time Priceliner, bidder, poster, etc)

Ok, I've read everything on this site (I think) and have had absolutely no success on priceline. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or simply not bidding enough $$

Followed rebid strategies verbatim, starting a little less than a week ago and always accessing through Savingsbarn.com link from this website. I'm trying to stay under $125 for a 4*

Most recent bids (today):

Loop, 4*, $86

Loop, 4* + Boutique, $90

(close browser)

NMA, 4*, $86

NMA, 4* + Boutique, $96

(Close browser)

NMA + Loop, 4*, $100

NMA + Loop, 4* + Boutique, $106

NMA + Loop + Midway, 4* + Boutique, $118

This is slightly abridged, I may have done other combos to allow more increments of $

Any advice is greatly appreciated- I'm ready to try again tomorrow. :)

Thanks!

June, with a couple of small exceptions, is extremely busy in Chicago this year. There are some 4*'s that are sold out for these dates and others that are $275-400.

I do see the Club Quarters Adams/Loop for $99; that's a 3* in the Loop, although one with some quite small rooms.

If you were interested in extending your stay by 1 day, you could get "buy 4 nights, get 2 free" at the Four Points Sheraton (average of $150 per night - $900 total; non-refundable) here: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promotions/p...l?promoCode=Z6H

I'll look around and see if I can't come up with some additional suggestions.

Aaron,

Thanks so much for researching. We cannot extend our stay, but the other option would work out quite well. Where did you locate that?

Any suggestions for a 3* bid for on Priceline?

We'll be car-less and taking some form of public transport (Amtrak?) from Milwaukee to Chicago- so location is the most important thing for this trip; ultimately a 3* for the right price would be great.

Thanks again.

If you look up 6/16-21 on HOTWIRE.com, you should see a 3* Loop with fitness/business/restaurant/internet for $99 (although the price you see may vary slightly.) That, while not guaranteed, is likely the Club Quarters Loop. While Chicago's compact enough that it's not necessary to stay near Union Station (where Amtrak arrives/departs), that hotel would be a short walk from it. The note about the Loop area is that it is quiet at night. If you are into nightlife and being out late at night, you may want to spend more to stay in the North Michigan Ave. area.

If you want to try and bid on Priceline, I'd bid $85 for a 3* Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park, although if you do try to bid to see if you can get it for cheaper, there is no guarantee that you won't get a different hotel.

If you are not successful with Priceline and are interested in the Hotwire offer, I'd take that quickly, because given how busy June is, that may be gone rather quickly (Hotwire listings can vanish at any time.)

Thanks for all your advice. I've checked out that Hotwire offer and will probably purchase it (through Betterbidding link, of course!).

We are traveling with friends. If we purchase the tickets together, will that increase the chances of our bid getting picked up by Priceline? We have been entering separate bids thus far, but one of us bidding for 2 rooms, and then the other reimbursing them seems like it may help us??!

Thanks again! I've been having similar troubles (as in my original post) with a hotel in Madison, but I'll go post that under the W states.

PS any idea what the 3* Boutique Hotel in NMA going for $169 is? (Amenities: Boutique, Rest., Fitness)

Do you mean plane tickets?

The boutique River North/NMA is the Tremont. Please (please) do not book that.

You may be less likely to get accepted for 2 rooms than bidding on 1. All depends on what inventory PL has.

Madison should certainly be less expensive than Chicago.

Oh, ok- we won't book that Tremont. We're not flying in, just overlapping our vacations to be in Chicago during the same dates.

I've read all the tips about waiting longer vs. bidding early for hotels, so if I hold out and wait for PL to (hopefully) take my bid, what fully refundable hotel website offers the best prices, in case my bid is never picked up by PL?

Madison seems (from other PL posts on this site) that it should be considerably less expensive; especially considering the highest * level they go (in the areas I'm looking) is 3*. Yet my bids are still rejected- I'll go post in the Wisconsin forum right now so I don't confuse other bidders.

Great! There's an "Off the Record" 3.5 Star River North/Mag Mile on Easy Clicks going for $124 a night. Any idea what this hotel is?

Details Listed:

General information:

Our hotel is within easy access to business district, yet offers walking convenience to the finest shopping, dining, theatre and nightlife in city.

The Hotel features charming rooms and suites, all containing two-line speakerphones with conference call capabilities and marble bathrooms. Penthouse hospitality suites also feature ceilings, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, wet bars, and stereo systems. The hotel House, located next door, provides fully furnished suites with kitchens -ideal for long stays.

The Hotel is located in the heart of the city.

Area details:

The hotel is nearby Tourist attractions.

Recreation:

The hotel facilities include restaurant, bar /lounge, meeting facilities, business center and fitness center.

Rooms:

The guest room

My advice right now would be to lock in the Whitehall via Easyclicktravel for $146.06. If something else comes up, you could then cancel the Whitehall. If not, at least the Whitehall's in a fantastic location half a block from Michigan Ave. shopping and the Hancock Observatory/Tower.

The description on the detail page should read: "Our

Unfortunately, I think you're looking at at least $150 (and probably mildly more) for a 4* acceptance on these dates, given that the 4*'s are largely running at around $300-400. Still, at least you're in a great location with the Whitehall if nothing else comes along.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Just wanted to update (since the my dates are nearing and I'm going to start bidding again soon). I did book the EasyClickTravel as suggested by Aaron and then found it just a week ago even cheaper (Whitehall, $128, 6/16-6/21) on EasyClickTravel, which I accessed through this site's link.

It seems like prices have gone down slightly since I last bid, so I'll keep everyone updated on my bidding on PL.

Our max price is $128 (since that's what we have the Whitehall for) and we'd like either the Loop or River North.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]