Hotwire Hotel: help with ID please for Orlando

johnboy3258
By johnboy3258,
in

Searched 11/3-11/4 for 3 rooms (6 adults, 2 kids)

narrowed down to 2 choices:

1. 3* DTD/LBV $69

Amenities are:

Resort

Fitness center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

High Speed Internet Access

--------------------------------------------------------------

2. 3.5* DTD/LBV $93, "Customer Favorite"

Amenities are:

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

High Speed Internet Access

I appreciate any help you could offer. Also is it way too early to even look so far in advance? Does the selection vary often or is it usually the same hotels?

Thanks!!

I think I figured them out. I did the same search but added a car to see the hotel names. I believe the 3* is the Best Western at Downtown Disney and the 3.5* is the Royal Plaza Hotel. Their reviews were mixed and the decor in both looked a little "dated."

I'd rather keep searching since we have so much time but will definitey use your link if I book with HOTWIRE.

Thank you!!

johnboy3258,

when you did the search on HOTWIRE, how many adults and children did you search for (per room) ??

The selection of hotels in that area is often the same. Look at the boards list for reported hotels. Some are rareley seen and some shows very frequent.

also, sometimes are you not favored to hit the hotels early in Orlando. But I have also seen great deals far in advance on HOTWIRE

What is your maximum for each room on this stay? I money or quality most important for you? Is this the only zone you want to stay in?

To get a more objective view at the hotels please read the reviews on priceline, not only on TA. There are no "really" bad 3* hotels in the Downtown area.

Henrik.

Their search doesn't ask per room. It asks total rooms, adults and kids. I tried asking for 3 rooms, 2 adults, 2 kids and it gave me red exclamation marks like I did something wrong. I guess it knows 4 people don't need 3 rooms.

Room 1: 2 adults and 2 kids

Room 2: 2 adults only

Room 3: 2 adults only

So I entered 3 rooms, 6 adults, 2 kids. Right?

This area is a must and max is $100 including taxes/fees. Personally I would go higher but my brother-in-law and sis-in-law are on a tight budget. It will be their 1st time to WDW so we want something nice, not glamourous but not embarrasing either. After this hotel stay they will be guests at our timeshare. We'd like the highest quality that $100 can get us. :)

Thanks for your help and I'll keep searching.

johnboy3258,

sorry for the "strange" question how you did the search. My english is limited and sometimes I don't see the faults myself.

Ok, I did a search for your stay and I support you in the ID's for the hotels.

The Royal Plaza is not seen very often on HOTWIRE but I belive it's a good bang for the money. It just got upgraded from 3* to 3.5*.

The Best Western is a more frequent hotel on HOTWIRE. I'm leaving for Orlando soon and I have 4 nights booked there from a Priceline win. I phoned the hotel yesterday since I'm a smoker would like a room for that. I spooked with the reservation dept. for a bit and they had no problem to upgrade me to a nicer room with a Disney view if they have any when we arrive. So you can work with them for a better room. I have been to the hotel before and looked around. The grounds are very nice and inside the hotel is also good. I think this is good value for the money and a 3*.

I have to be honest and say that your choice is going to be limited in this area and the quality don't get so much better for a 3* or 3.5*. But it all comes down to taste.

Good luck.

Henrik.

Upadate: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention this here but I found the Sheraton Safari for ($79 includes all taxes) on a UK-based website that came highly recommended on the Disboards. Will probably go with that. Not rushing and like to check out all of our options still.

Thank you all for your help! :)

Is it worth booking directly thru Sheraton and then trying their best rate guarantee for an extra 10% off (if you book thru the Sheraton website i would only book a cancellable rate just in case your claim in denied (and since they'll be honoring the lower rate any way))

If you try this let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Is it worth booking directly thru Sheraton and then trying their best rate guarantee for an extra 10% off (if you book thru the Sheraton website i would only book a cancellable rate just in case your claim in denied (and since they'll be honoring the lower rate any way))

If you try this let us know how it goes.

Hi Thereuare, I wish I had read your last reply before booking thru the UK website! I always prefer a cancellable reservation over a non-refundable. I didn't know of Sheraton's best rate guarantee. Oh well, live and learn...

Next trip I will be sure to check in here more often.

Thank you for your help, and to Yellowdog too.

JB

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]