Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Manchester Grand Hyatt

otottmom
By otottmom,
in

This is my first time using Priceline to name my own price. Yesterday, I bid:

$80.00 for a 4 star in San Diego Downtown area for April 20th (1 night only) - Rejected

I re-bid and added Coronado area and increased my bid to $82.00 - Rejected

I re-bid and added Mission Valley and increased my bid to $85.00 - Rejected

I re-bid and added No. County Coastal and increased my bid to $89.00 - Rejected

I re-bid and added Pt. Loma/Old Town and increased my bid to $95.00 - Rejected.

Now what? I need help with a strategy from here. Maybe I've been going about it all wrong??? Do I just keep adding areas (hopefully ones w/o 4 stars) until it gets accepted? Should I increase my price a lot more? I don't want to pay more than $125.00 for a Downtown hotel. It doesn't HAVE to be 4 star, but it must be close to the Downtown area. I certainly can't end up in Escondido!

One more thing: Does anyone know what other San Diego areas definitely don't have 4 star hotels?

BTW, I did access Priceline for this bid through the savingsbarn link.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice here. :)

Does anyone know what other San Diego areas definitely don't have 4 star hotels?

First thing you need to do is read and understand re-bidding, which is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

You actually have 11 re-bid zones avaiable when bidding 4* in the San Diego region. Please read the previous link and let us know if you can figure out which 11 qualify as re-bid zones (feel free to confirm them with the board) or if you don't understand something then ask questions.

Once you understand how to figure our your re-bid zones then we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I understand what you're saying. I checked Pl and it looks like out of 14 zones total: Downtown/Harbor, Coronado and SD Coastal are the only zones that offer 4* properties. This is where you get 11 re-bid zones left. The 11 remaining SD zones don't offer 4 star hotels. I have already re-bid in Mission Valley, No. County Coastal and Pt.Loma/Old Town zones...so this leaves me with 8 remaining re-bid zones. Can you recommend a strategy I should use next? Thanks again!

So just wait an another hour (so that you're bidding after 5:06pm) and you can start with a clean slate:

Select 4* Downtown (and Coronado if you also want that area, as you included it above)...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your strategy worked perfectly! I booked the Manchester Grand Hyatt in Downtown San Diego (4 star hotel) on 4/20/07 for one night for a total of $125.00 per night. I followed your strategy exactly. Thank you very much for all your advice! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]