Priceline Hotel: Vancouver Advice

ceraso83
By ceraso83,
in

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the boards for quite some time and honestly I'm lost. I can't come up with a strategy that I think will work, so I figured I would ask for some advice.

I'm looking to go to Vancouver from May 29 - June 3 and I would like to stay DT, preferably in a 4 star, although the 3 starts don't seem bad either.

I see people posting wins from $48 - $68 for 4 stars, yet I can't get a 3 star even at 80-90+

Any advice?

Am I bidding too early?

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific, and you're stay is (i believe) the beginning of the cruise ship season out of Vancouver, which would likely have an effect on demand. As well, there is a rate change during your stay... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Let us know if splitting your bid is an option and/or your maximum bid... we'll then suggest a strategy to follow. Also, when providing your maximum bid, let us know if you're willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* or if the least expensive 3* or better is what you're after.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey! Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I never even thought about the cruise line season!

I guess one of my questions is what a reasonable maximum bid would be? $80? $100? $120?

I'd be willing to take a 3 star provided its DT, and it seems based on the listing that most of the options are indeed DT so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am definitely willing to split up my bid, somehow I missed that post altogether!

Thank you for all of your help!!

How high do you want to bid before splitting your bid? (or have you already bid high enough that you wish to split your bid now?) I do think you have a chance at being successful at $100-$120 for a 4*, but you also may be able to get part of your stay for less than you have already bid, so not sure how much price is a factor.

I'd be willing to take a 3 star provided its DT, and it seems based on the listing that most of the options are indeed DT so that shouldn't be a problem.
Remember that you could be the first to report a new hotel at the 3* level in this zone... would you be 'ok' with a hotel anywhere in the zone?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Price is a definite factor, so if you think I could get a cheaper bid if I split, I'd rather go that route.

I think you're right in your suggestion that I may get a 3 star located out of the DT core, as such I think I should stick w/ 4 Star.

I will definitely use the savings barn link btw.

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Based upon your previously rejected bids i think this is how i would proceed from here:

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Choose 5/29-6/2:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone4...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

(i suspect the above will be rejected)

Choose 5/29-6/1:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Choose 5/29-5/31:

Select 4* Downtown...

Choose 5/29-6/3:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $120.

I went up to, and stopped at, $120 based upon the figure you mentioned above and also because i think that is a reasonable threshold given the timeframe before your stay.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]