Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTC) Hudson Hotel

Checks
By Checks,
in

Trying to find a 4* in NYC (prefer MTE) for $150 /night for 4/1-4/4.

Have a bit of flexibility in the dates, so I could go 4/2 - 5 (or 4/3 - 6) if that lowers the price.

Stayed at the Barclay last year and loved that. Seems like prices have gone up this year.

I could go down to a 3* but I'm worried that I would get one that is not decent; appreciate any thoughts on whether that's a legitimate concern.

Thanks.

We can suggest a strategy to follow, but before we do...

If price is a big factor i think you could get a STEAL in Jersey City which would cost you well under half of a hotel in NYC. The upside is the savings and PATH train access to the city (10 minutes downtown/18 minutes midtown)... but of course, you're not in the city itself and lose that "NYC vibe". Not sure if this is something you want to consider or not.

Not sure if your limit for a 4* in Manhattan will be successful, but it's probably enough for a 3* for your dates.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll proceed from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for replying.

I'm really looking at staying in Manhattan (gotta get the Essa bagel first thing in the morning!), so I appreciate your thoughts on that. Are any of the other areas (MTW, CP) better for a 4* in that range?

Also appreciate your thoughts on whether the 3* are decent (for reference, I stayed at the Barclay last time and loved it).

Thanks

If price is a factor (which it appears it is) i would bid any of the midtown locations... MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS. As i often comment, NYC is so compact, and mass transit relatively cheap and readily available, that any of those zone should work fine for the avarage visitor.

As far as 3* properties go, star ratings themselves are very subjective... some would say their the 'same' as their 4* counterparts, others would find plenty of things wrong. VERY gernally speaksing, in NYC, i would think the major differences would be room size, 'grandness' of the lobby, and linen quality. I would certainly try for up to your budget first in any of the midtown zones for a 4* hotel, then you can make a decision if you want to lower your star rating or raise your bid.

Let us know if all three zones (MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS) are acceptable and we'll then suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes. If rejected we'll then add a strategy for a 3* property.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]