Hotwire Hotel: 4* Westminster/London $189 - Identify?

gumbodog
By gumbodog,
in

Can anyone help me identify this hotel?

4* Westminster Area of London

$189/night for 2 people May 5-9

Amminities:

Fitness Center

Business Center

Restaurant

Hi Speed Internet

Also considering the 4* hotel in Regents Park - Baker Street for $109/night. Which based on information on this site would be the Hilton Metropole.

We are first time tourist to London. The Westminster seems to be a preferable location. But I don't know if it would be worth the price difference.

Does anyone have an opinion/advice on this?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I've only been to London once so am far from being an expert (and it was before i really knew how to research travel)... so hopefully somebody more knowledgable about the area will be able to comment. However, given the lack of those who bid/purchase hotels in this zone my guess is that the price difference is not worthwhile (or it's not as centrally located as you might think).

Let's give it a day and see if somebody else can comment... if worth a serious consideration we'll then try to ID the property. (if no replies by tomorrow at this time then feel free to bump this thread to the top by replying to it)

Please remember to begin any purchases with our HOTWIRE link.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would have to agree that Westminster would be my preferred area too if you are going to see the sights. There are a few that spring to mind but there is little history here so it is a risk.

The hotel that sprung to mind was the Marriott County Hall but from what I can see the map does not extend that far. I think Riverbank Park Plaza is out of zone too. The City Inn would be in zone. Kingsway Hall is another option but it could be the Thistle Trafalgar Square, which gets very mixed reviews. I think the Apex City is out of this zone but another good choice. I really don't know which one this is and as thereuare says it is a big differential and in my opinion you can get a hotel that you know is ok for that price.

You are arriving on a bank holiday weekend and there will be little going on in the "city of London" (the business are - will be dead) but there will be plenty of tourists. Prices for hotels are cheaper at this time and the Apex City can be got for under

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]