Help bidding PL Minivan for MCO 8/21 - 9/4

p1fcl01
By p1fcl01,
in

Hi all,

Can I bid on a rental car with PL by using my credit card but bid with my sister's name and pay with her credit card when check out for the car at the airport counter?

My sister needs a car and she would like me to bid for her through PL, but I don't want to use her credit card just in case if anything happens (stolen identity, etc). I don't want to be responsible for any issues.

I bid w/PL on my own before but not for someone else.

Thanks

You can't change the billing info once your place your bid... and if you're credit card company offers collission coverage on rental cars, i don't think it would cover this rental, either opening you up to additional cost and/or liability.

Best option is to have her give you the credit card info (or walk her thru the bidding process on the phone).

Please share the results (and any other priceline/HOTWIRE purchases) with the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With plenty of time on your side i would start at about half ($15-$18) and increase a few dollarseach time you're able to bid again. However, this far ahead of the trip, i don't think i would bid more than $25 or so at the moment.

You can also use our Car Rental Checker in conjunction with any discounts you're eligible for in the Car Rental Discount Codes thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I just reserved with Budget $225 per week with all tax total to $281. That's $33 a day, so if I can get it for $25 thru PL, that would be awesome. What was the PL fees charged per day for their services on car rental? I see the excess fees are more from PL then the car rental company? Thanks

Why not go to priceline as if you were about to place a bid, enter $25 and see what the total will be... you can then BACK/FORWARD on your browser, adjusting the price up/down $1 at a time to see what the net result would be after taxes and fees.

And a friendly reminder that we're an affiliate of Budget Rent a Car

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]