CA Orange County Candlewood Suites North Disneyland

infinite_dream
By infinite_dream,
in

It was my first 'suite' experience and it worked out pretty well. The room has only 1 queen bed, but there was no issue with our boys (<12) crashing on the floor (queen-size air mattress). The room had been freshly cleaned when we arrived, and was in good ship other then the annoying freshener they had used... that subsided pretty quickly though.

The hotel just put in (as in this week) new mattresses/bedding in all the rooms [all 3 candlewood locations in the Anaheim area were done at the same time apparently]. With the updated beds/bedding, the rooms looked pretty good.

Issues some people may have:

1) once weekly scheduled cleaning... though you can borrow the vaccum etc if you want to do it yourself :)

2) no room service (though there are the std places to order from that deliver for a fee).

3) fresh towels, more blankets, etc are available, but you have to pick it up yourself at the frontdesk

4) instead of 2nd queen, you get the kitchen-ette... which comes stocked with some pots/pans, plates, cups, etc, but really only 2 of each. I don't think the dishwasher would be even half full if you put all the dishes from the room in it :)

5) the air conditioner and the fridge both made a little bit of noise when they were on ... pretty standard I think for such a small amount of space... but I know how picky some sleepers are [the ac/heat had a simple electronic control, and you can turn the ac off, at which point its quiet =) ].

Perks:

1) Free Parking

2) Free Laundry

3) ART apparently goes somewhere nearby (though it was cheaper for us to park our car at disney anyway then to ride ART for a family of 4)

There is little to walk to in the area (Starbucks/Subway/BP Gas Stn store...) but plenty of stuff is within easy driving distance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]