Hotwire Hotel: 2* NYC (Downtown-SoHo) Windsor Hotel

MelP
By MelP,
in

Posting this for ID purposes because the hotel's not on the board. From a price perspective, this was a booking only for the desperate, which is what my British friend was since his flight out of JFK last night was canceled due to the weather and, due to circumstances with my apt. at the moment, he couldn't crash with me. So I was bidding on Priceline and browsing around at 9:30PM to no avail - with the lateness, the weather stranding thousands and people in town for the St. Patrick's Day Parade today, there was nothing. And nothing on Hotwire for under $400 in the city either except for this, so I took a deep breath and booked it.

2* Downtown-SoHo

No Amenities

is the Windsor Hotel, 108 Forsyth Street off of Chrystie, bet. Grand and Delancey.

Got a bit worried when I found out what and where it was, but after looking at TripAdvisor and Venere reviews, I felt a lot better that he'd live, his lodging standards are quite low anyway. :) Actually, when he got there he said it was nice, nicer than where he'd been staying for the same price (somewhere around 29th and 8th, not the Chelsea Star or HI Express). The hotel is Chinese-owned, six years old and 41 rooms. Also very close to the subway, the B,D,F (orange) lines stop less than a block away and the JMZ another block further. Anyway, in normal times you can do way better for $180 but if it is a desperate time, this is there.

I would have, and met him for breakfast, but alas his new flight was at 12:30pm so there was no time.

Actually, I had booked this for two nights since at the airport the earliest flight they could get him out on was Sunday night. But as he was going to the hotel, the airline called and said they could get him on a flight today. I was kind of stupid booking for the two nights since I know those things could happen. I called Hotwire this morning to explain the situation on a long shot to see if the second night could be refunded and, after they contacted the hotel, they did refund the second night, so we got very lucky!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]