Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Time Square) Westin

ladybugsea
By ladybugsea,
in

Great website!!! I'm looking for a 4* in Times Square for 2/29 and possibly also 2/28.

For 2/29 I found a 4.5* for $115 (amenities: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Spa Services). I gather from the other posts that this is likely the Westin. This hotel is not available on 2/28. Is there any chance it may become available if I wait another week?

For 2/28 I found a 4* for $111 (amenities: Restaurant(s). Fitness Center, Business Center). Is it likely this is the Millennium Hotel Broadway? For 2/28-3/1 and also 2/29 alone, I found 4* with same amenities for $117. Are the booking fees more expensive if you book each night separately?

We really want to stay in TS this time since we're going with friends who are staying there. Have used Priceline in the past to get the Hilton NY for $95 (was very pleased), but interesting in trying someplace new this time! Any advice? When do you suggest I book a room by? Thanks again for an excellent resource.

Welcome to BetterBidding! <and thanks for the compliments on the site! :) >

Waiting until the last minute is usually not a good idea, but in my opinion, waiting is better than forfeiting a non-refundable hotel room. If you're very flexible than i would think it's ok given that you're already fairly close to the check-in date(s) and prices don't indicate that inventory is very tight (of course this is subject to change, but that's my opinion at this stage of the game). If you were traveling during a high-peak time period and it was still early i might advise otherwise, but for this already near-term stay i would think that prices are more likely to remain stable than not.

Booking fees are a little higher if booking nites separately. You'll often see Hotwire's prices fluctuate a few dollars from hour to hour so even 'testing' now to see if it would be worthwhile splitting the reservation or not may not apply to when you actually book (ie- the spread now is $6/nite, but it may be $2/nite or $9/nite when you are actually ready to book). Also, these minor fluctuations in price are not the hotel changing its price... Hotwire works on a variable mark-up, so this accounts for the fluctuation.

Your 'guesses' as to identifying the properties look good to me. I think you understand the 'game', but i always reiterate that there could always be another property we don't yet know about in the same zone, with the same star rating, and the same exact amenities.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]