Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown East) Renaissance

jennye
By jennye,
in

Your second post (which is for a Downtown EAST) hotel was moved here as we request that all posts for the same stay remain in the same thread.

The first hotel you inquired about is a match for both the Hilton and the Inter-Continental, so either of those would be our best guess. The 2nd hotel, in the EAST zone is a match for the Westin so that would be our best guess for that property.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I booked the 4 star hotel downtown east and I got the Renaissance Downtown Hotel. Not super happy about this since it was not really in the area I was hoping (Hilton or InterContinetal)...there is no way to change the hotel? - I am willing to pay extra to change it. Thanks for the guesses though.....

Just noticed this hotel is not even listed on your hotel list...you may want to update your list.

This hotel was actually in the hotel list, but previously reported at 3.5* and with fewer amenities than listed above.

HOTWIRE reservations are non-refundable/non-changable but if you're unhappy with the result there are two routes you can pursue (i would only pursue the first one as i think you'd have little success with the second approach)...

1) one of the amenities shown is a Spa icon and this hotel doesn't appear to have a full Spa. If you go to the Renaissance website and click the Spa link there you are shown a phone number to call for your spa appointments... this appears to be an outsourced service that you can have come to the hotel to give you your spa treatment :) If this is all that is needed for hotwire to show a spa icon, can't every hotel have a spa icon since you could easily open the yellow pages in any city and have a spa service come to your hotel? I would try this approach... be reasonable (and rational) when you call them and tell them how disappointed you are since you were planning this to be a "spa trip" with multiple treatments over the course of your stay with 'the works', which also includes the right setting and environment... not getting a treatment in some random room (maybe your own?) in the hotel

2) you can challenge the star rating of this property, but unless you can find really negative reviews of this property i dont' think i'd take this approach, as the difference between a 3.5* and a 4* is subjective

If you do pursue the first approach (or second) let us know how it goes.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I called hotwire and stated my disappointment with the hotel and no spa on site. They told me they didn't list the hotel with a spa which was untrue, but they kept saying that. Then I brought up that the hotel was rated only 3 stars on numerous sites (which is true) and they stated they were aware of that and the hotel was in process of being downgraded so they would give me a refund. Thanks for all your advice with this.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]