Hotwire Hotel: Need Hotel ID Help - San Antonio 4* Downtown/Riverwalk

streetfairie
By streetfairie,
in

Hello!

I'm trying to identify a 4* hotel on Hotwire for a 1 night stay on 7/14/07.

The amenities listed are: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Hi Speed (BEST VALUE) for $129.

I would LOVE to get the Hilton (even though the "pinned" list does not include Pool) -- but I'm really hesistant b/c I think it may be the Crowne Plaza. The last time I checked Hotwire (maybe about 2 weeks ago), Crowne Plaza was showing Laundry as an amenity ranging around $100 & I'm worried that the Laundry amenity may have been removed recently.

Any insight on what this hotel is??? Please help!

Bidding Strategy for 7/14/07 4* San Antonio

I've decided to post a separate request here for 7/14/07. (I posted for some ID help for a hotel listed on Hotwire earlier).

Anyways, I would prefer a 4* hotel in the RiverWalk area of S.A. and stay below $125. I'm a little concerned that I may get the Emily Morgan -- I have heard mixed reviews about this place. I've stayed at the Marriott Rivercenter (which is astronomically priced for that date) as well as the Omni Mansion Del Rio before...but those prices are a bit out of my range this time -- but I love their locations on the RW. I've also stayed at Hotel Valencia, but did not like the location or the darkness of it, for that matter.

From the feedback I've read, it sounds like the Emily Morgan is not in an ideal area...and I REALLY don't want to "overpay" for this property. I've booked a "cancellable" reservation at the Courtyard Marriott for a total of $160 (but that includes breakfast for 2, champagne & chocolate covered strawberries) :) If I can get a nice 4* for that same price (including fees & taxes) on the RW, then I would consider forgoing all of that stuff!

Anyway, may I please have your comments on the likelihood of getting the Emily Morgan & a bidding strategy?

Welcome to BetterBidding.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

I don't think the hotel you're seeing above is the Crowne Plaza... too many inconsistencies with what has previously been associated with this property and i also belive that the Crowne Plaza is now a 3.5* hotel. The amenities are quite common for a 'business' hotel in this area, but it is a match for the Westin so that would be our best guess.

I can't tell you the odds of your receiving the Emily Morgan, but the advice we usually give is "If you don't want to stay at a hotel that comes up in the zone... then don't bid it".

Let us know how you want to proceed. Please use this HOTWIRE link if you choose to take the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]