Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Georgetown-Foggy Bottom) Westin Grand Hotel

CrazyOne
By CrazyOne,
in

$75 bid for one night 3/8/07

$93.06 total with taxes and fee

Included offer to extend for same rate (not surprising, given it's going into a weekend)

It was a whirlwind Thursday afternoon and Friday, with this drive to DC late at night, stay, work a few hours, drive up to Baltimore, work an hour, drive back. But here's the bid I got late Thursday for same night, for help in determining your future bidding tries.

It was already past 6pm when I started bidding, not even sure that my plan would be to drive down on Thursday night. I was hoping, but not too hopeful to find a place at reasonable cost.

I started with 4* Dupont-Woodley thinking of the Omni I had gotten last time. $65, no.

Added Foggy Bottom, $70, no.

Added Crystal City (no 4* as far as we know), $75, a hit!

I scrolled down expecting the Omni and was really shocked that it was the Westin Grand. I see it has gone for even lower, but the one I see was a weekend. Midweek is tougher, although of midweek, Thursday is probably easier than most. Still, prices seemed typical of the $200+ midweek rates for even a Courtyard or similar. And athough I couldn't tell just how booked it was, arriving after 1am, if they only put out USA Todays in front of occupied rooms, the others I passed on my floor all seemed occupied.

I'll write up a review that explains a bit more. I think I got a slightly undesirable room, but it was still great for the price, wish I could have enjoyed it longer by arriving earlier.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]