WI Milwaukee Sheraton Brookfield

hannahb352
By hannahb352,
in

I booked this room about 2 days before I needed it for a bid on Priceline of $36 for a Fri. and Sat. night. We arrived about 9:30 pm on Friday night. The hotel is extremely easy to find as it is right off of Hwy. 94 West at Moorland Rd., you really can't miss it. It is an older property that has had a bit of a facelift within the last 5 years or so. At checkin it was announced that my room was paid for via Priceline, yep nice and loud, I think had I paid full price and heard this I would have be ticked. I was then offered to upgrade my stay to include breakfast in their restaurant at the buffet for $5 a person for each night. I did upgrade as I don't have a clue where you would find breakfast for $5 a person! We had a non-smoking room assigned and then I did ask for a king which I was told was not a problem. Very friendly front desk, and even sent us robes and slippers when we inquired about them, along with a call to check and make sure we recieved them.

We found our room, it was on the first floor with a view of the parking lot. I'm not really sure there is a "good" view at this hotel. The hotel has 4 floors but is spread out. We found our room to be clean and smelled ok. The bedding was Sheraton's upgraded bedding, it was not the Westin, but was nicer than most hotel bedding. The bathroom was small and had little counter space. It had lotion, conditioner, shampoo, and a hair dryer available in it. I did also find an extra hair dryer in the closet. The room itself was average size and had a 27 inch tv, along with coffe maker. The carpeting in our room appeared to be clean but the carpeting throughout the hotel wasn't in as good of shape with odd spots on it and was actually pulling apart in one hallway.

There is an indoor and an outdoor pool at this property. It was winter so we only got to check out the indoor pool and it was an L shape but average size. There was a hot tub and sauna also. The pool area didn't seem really clean to me, kind of old and like it just needed a really good cleaning all over. There was also a fitness room on the lower level of the hotel (actually basement I believe) and it was just a small room with 2 treadmills, a stair stepper, and a couple of bikes. My favorite part was the water dispenser in the workout room, it wasn't bottled water like you might expect, it was just chilled tap water with some type of filter on it, very gross as anyone who knows Milwaukee's water would guess.

We only ate our two breakfast buffets at the restaurant so I can only speak to that food quality. It was above average buffet food and with plenty of choices as long as you got there early, plus juice, soda, coffee etc. was in the $5 price!

There was plenty of parking all around the hotel and we could always find a spot near our room.

This hotel has PAPER THIN walls in it! BEWARE! I could hear every door slam, drunk in the hall, conversation etc. and I am not a light sleeper. The temperature control in the room is excellent but be careful to turn the fan off at night because when it kicks in it sounds like you are near the airport listening to planes land and will wake you from a sound sleep.

I did get a very good rate on this hotel but I don't think I would stay there if possible in the future. I value sleep and this hotel as for noises was the worst I've been in. I think the only time I would consider it would be in the summer if I wanted a hotel with an outdoor pool.

• 1 year later...

We had 5 rooms at this hotel 9/22/05 - 9/25/05.

I agree with pretty much everything hannahb352 said, although the pool was pretty clean while we were there. The kids had a great time in it.

I sleep pretty soundly so the fan and thin walls didn't bother me. We were on the 4th floor, but the fans and walls are still thin.

The staff there was very nice though. 2 of our rooms were upgraded to the 4th floor so we got free breakfast Sat/Sun. I talked to the staff Saturday telling them my whole family would really like to eat breakfast together Sunday morning but 3 rooms would've had to pay $15 a plate! They said no problem, and gave us all free hot breakfast! It was very good too. Not worth $15 but certainly way above average.

Being a sound sleeper, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 9 months later...

This is an enormous, sprawling hotel, probably with more capacity than they need, which would explain why it seems to come up on Priceline a lot. The room was average or slightly better in size and the bathroom was gynormous - very much more plain than I would expect, and all decked out for handicapped access, so perhaps it was special that way. The room itself looked like a normal room - upgraded linen, very nice pillows, coffee maker, iron & 2 ironing boards (!?), no view to speak of, connecting doors to rooms on either side. Thin walls bother me but I had no problem here - did I not have neighbors? I dunno but it was quiet for me all night.

The staff were friendly enough and it was great on a hot summer day to walk into a room with the air con cranked up all the way. It was like a freezer. Some people may not like that but it works for me. I found the fan noise about normal.

I should point out that this hotel, while it has convenient access to I-94, is at least 10 miles away from downtown Milwaukee.

• 3 years later...

7/10/2010 $45

I liked the decor of the room, a lot, and I was fortunate enough to get a room with a window that looked out onto a big tree, and not onto a road or parking lot.

It's a very big and busy hotel. The parking lot is huge and, if you come in at night and end up way out from the door, kind of scary.

The decor was lovely -- nice lamps, nice leather chair at the desk, excellent television, STARBUCKS coffee in the room! Bathroom was small, but good enough for me.

The common areas that I used (hallways, elevators) - not great, but just because the hotel obviously gets a lot of use (weddings, etc).

I'm an extremely frugal traveler, and was GREATLY disappointed at the lack of free high-speed internet, in the room, and high charges for local phone calls.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]