NY NYC Affinia Manhattan MTS

rhennosy
By rhennosy,
in

We just got back from the Affinia in Manhattan. The hotel is right across the street from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. We were able to take the subway from JFK pretty much right to the hotel. $14 instead of $45 cab fare. The hotel was great for the price. The room was clean and spacious. We had a kitchen too, even though we didn't really need one. I think all the rooms have kitchens. The bed was King size and very comfortable. Everyone who works there says "enjoy the beds". I guess they are new. They are pet friendly. They charge for internet. We did not get a view. Our window faced another window with a roof below. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be within walking distance to Times Square, Madison Square Garden and the theatres. 15 min walk. I think $130 a night was a great deal. I would stay here again.

• 2 years later...

Beware the Priceline room!

If you look at this hotel's website, you'll be led to believe that every room is a "suite" with kitchenette or full kitchen. Not so! We booked on Priceline and were put in a room scarcely bigger than the queen-size bed. No kitchen to be found.

Granted, our winning bid of $100 wasn't bad for midtown NYC, and the room was clean and had the usual amenities. The bed was reasonably comfortable (we were so tired from walking that we could have slept on the floor). The window A/C unit was noisy but did the job (with lots of temperature and airflow choices). The desk clerk wasn't particularly friendly, but certainly wasn't as snooty as the one at the Jolly Madison. But no way was this a 3.5* room or a 3.5* hotel.

On the other hand, it's not a dump. And it's handy to Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Macy's. If you bid 3.5* in the MSG zone, you stand a good chance of getting this hotel (at the moment, it's the only one on the BetterBidding list). Just don't expect the usual spacious Affinia room or you'll be sadly disappointed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]