Priceline Hotel: 4* Brussels Sheraton

iahphx
By iahphx,
in

A little surprised to get it for $50, as a similar bid a few weeks ago was rejected. Obviously, a good deal. For some reason, Priceline generally has good, cheap inventory in Brussels. Wish Paris was so easy!

I did take 2 rooms for my family. The Brussels Sheraton is actually one of the few 4 star hotels in Europe that you can squeeze a couple kids into -- but I obviously didn't know I'd get the Sheraton and didn't want to take a chance on a re-bid (and getting a different hotel). That's Ok, though -- at $50 bucks, no reason to be cramped.

Oh, I meant to mention that I've also been trying for Brugge. Unfortunately, I've never seen anybody ever get a Priceline property there -- even though you would think there are some possibilities, like the Crowne Plaza. It's a shame, too, because Brugge hotel prices tend to be on the high side.

Another Priceline-created paradox: it's cheaper to stay in the "big city," instead of the smaller one.

I decided to "add" an additional night to this reservation (I was going to stay in Brugge, but concluded I would pay a lot more to do so, so I decided to "stay put" at the Sheraton and just day trip up there). Interestingly, I first tried Priceline's "obscure" add-a-night-to-your-existing-reservation feature, but the computer said "sorry -- you can't do it with this reservation." So I just bid the $50 for the night before and got the Sheraton again. This wasn't without some risk, as it was possible that I'd have to switch hotels, since Brussels does have several 4 star properties which participate on priceline.

BTW, not sure if you can get it for less than $50. The adventurous could try a few dollars less. We haven't seen this category go for less than $50, but Sheraton seems to have loaded a new rate (my earlier $55 bid had been rejected).

Are you mostly set now, except maybe for Paris?

Yes and no. I'm also going to Amsterdam where I have a family room reserved at the very nice Pulitzer Hotel with points from Starwood. If it looked like I could get a great deal on a priceline hotel in Amsterdam, I might save my points (so far, I haven't seen any great deals there). Also, I'm waiting to see if Starwood's Trianon Palace at Versailles extends their "points and dollars" promotion into April (it's currently good thru March). If they do, I may use my points to stay there instead (I don't have enough for both) and then find other accomodations in Amsterdam.

I'm also making some reservations in the Mosel valley of Germany, but priceline can't help me there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]