Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (???) Radisson

DrSphincter
By DrSphincter,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First "issue" is that Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. Assuming you're only intending on bidding for one room, are you willing to take the risk of getting a room with only one bed?

If not, HOTWIRE will allow you to search for up to quad occupancy.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll advise accordingly. If you still want to try Priceline, let us know your maximum bid so that we dont' suggest a strategy that goes higher than you want to spend.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello and thanks for the welcome!

I will be traveling with my wife and 2 young kids but am willing to take on the single bed (I'll take my chances, I know, that's dumb).

I'd like to stick around the $75 dollar per night total amount - if possible. If not possible let me know what is possible, if you would be so kind.

Thanks all!

Matt

Yeah, I went as high as $75 and no go. I would REALLY like to get in the Pasadena area because according to Priceline there is only three 3* hotels there which are the sheraton, westin, and hilton, and all look nice to me. So I was willing to go there, but I went as high as $70 and didn't win.

I read all the success stories here but I wonder what percentage of people actually get these super sweet deals.

Holding onto hope!

M

I'd like help ID'ing the property.

Details for your 3.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX

Hotel Details

Check in:

silkCheckInDate:Fri, Feb 23, 2007

Check out:

silkCheckOutnDate:Tue, Feb 27, 2007

Hotel name:

Hotwire Hotel Supplier

Our 3.5-star hotel suppliers include:

Hilton, Millennium, Crowne Plaza, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

So can anyone help identify which property I might get?

Sorry i missed this above, but want to make sure we don't overbid... there are actuall four zones liste above (Downtown LA, Burbank, Glendale even, Universal City)... did you bid all four of these zone?

Also, in your post above you mention bidding as high as $75 but then say you went as high as $70... can you clarify.

Yeah, I went as high as $75 and no go.... but I went as high as $70 and didn't win.

If you've already bid up to $75, i'd also encourage you to take a look at HOTWIRE where there is a 3* in the Burbank area (i would assume good location for you since your family is either in or close to Burbank) for $87... and the price is the same when you search for 2adults/2children so it also enables you to eliminate the single bed risk. Hotwire has been known to rate some hotels higher than Priceline, so this may not be an apples-to-apples comparison, but even still this may represent a decent option/alternative. If you do go this route please use our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Let us know your thoughts on the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure what to do anymore... Pasadena is OK. Burbank is OK. LAX is not OK. Downtown LA is OK.

I'm scared to us Priceline or Hotwire seeing I have no clue what I might get. I used Hotwire a few years ago for a "3.5*" in downtown San Jose, Ca and totally got burnt with this Hyatt dump - and it was a dump.

Somebody used Hotwire for a hotel last weekend, 3 days in downtown LA and got the Westin. That would be a GREAT deal!!

I guess what I'm saying is if there's a way to with a certain amount of confidence identify the hotel i'd be bidding on, then I'm going to go for it but I'm hoping you all, with your expertise, can help me out, like you have been.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Have you changed your travel dates? (as your most recent post suggests your trip is one day shorter than previously).

You can not know the hotel you will be bidding on. If you want to target a specific property, or take a guess at IDing the property beforehand, then HOTWIRE is a better option (but you still can never be 100% certain of the hotel before your purchase).

Have you also tried EasyClickTravel travel (and use our EasyClickTravel LookUp Tool for any of their "off the record" deals).

Go back to HOTWIRE... does this also have a Hi-Speed Internet icon? (which is what i'm seeing on a current search... if you're not seeing that, are you searching for more than 2adults or for more than 1room?)

Hotwire lists the Radisson as a 3-Star hotel so I am wondering if someone here could tell me why, when I purchased a 3.5* hotel (which according to Hotwire is NOT the Radisson looking at their ratings and classes), I got stuck with the Radisson? This hotel is a dump - I know - I am sitting in it right now.

Any chance I can get Hotwire to concede something?

Can you add the details of your win (dates, star rating, price paid, and amenities shown before your purchase)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We'll then reply to your inquiry above.

Your posts are not deleted, they are all still present on the board, and in this thread. All posts for the same stay go in the same thread... if it is currently in the priceline section of the board and you ultimately use HOTWIRE, we then move the thread so that section of the board. So the answer is "no", they don't belong in separate threads, which is why we posted above (twice):

Sure.

$88

2/26-2/27

don't have the ammentities, but probably posted them in an earlier post elsewhere here. also, didn't sign up for a hotwire account.

I think the hotel is clearly rated a 3.5* because SOME rooms here have the Sleep Number Beds, and definately not all, because I asked 2 clerks and both said they were sold out of these rooms. I was actually pleased, at first, that I won the Radisson because I was looking forward to trying out a Sleep Number Bed, but when we got to the room, there were these cheap, noisy, spring protruding beds. This isn't right.

The room was dirty, not kept well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]