Priceline Hotel: 3* Provo Marriott

lindealz
By lindealz,
in

I had to split my bid. I tried first for all 3 nights and got denied. So I did a little more research & realized that the Thursday night rate on the marriott website was $139 compared to the Fri/Sat rates of $89. So I bid for just Fri/Sat night at $45 and got it. I tried to add a night through priceline & my winning bid but they told me it was unavailable to them. So I started all over and bid $55 for the Thursday night stay and was accepted. Maybe I should have tried lower for the Thursday and bid again in the next couple of days if rejected, but I was confused that they wouldn't let me add a night if there were rooms available. Don't they sometimes say you can add a night but it will be this more money than your original winning bid, instead of just saying no it's not available that night?

(used sb link)

Congratulations on your win.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

They do sometimes come back with a counter-offer if a room is available but only at a higher rate, but this is not always the case. It is also possible that the first room you booked is one type (say 2 doubles) while the second room you booked it a different type (say 1 King)... and no doubles were available to priceline for the 2nd stay. Of course the hotel may be able to 'fix' this at check-in and block your room so that you don't need to change during your stay, but priceline is only able to work with what is loaded into the system.

Thanks again for the post and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]