Hotwire Hotel: 3* Denver (Boulder) Boulder Outlook

TXBizTrvlr
By TXBizTrvlr,
in

The kindest description I can find for Boulder Outlook is that the staff is friendly. But other (non-employee posted descriptions) are not so kind. I'll post a review on this line when I stay in Boulder in a week and a half.

Got the room for $55. The other 3* was listed at over $100 for the same 7mar07 stay. You get what you pay for!

So HOW does the star ratings get set? and can they be lowered. All reviews say this is a stretch for a 2* much less the listed 3.

TXBizTvlr

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add the amenities that were shown prior to your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We'll then reply to your other questions above.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The initial search mentions "This midscale establishment offers more than just the basics in style, comfort and customer service."

An earlier post lead me to believe that this was the Boulderado Hotel, which would have been tremendous!

The ammenities listed were fitness, pool, restaurnat, and laundry.

I also noticed that Holiday Inn's were listed under their normal 3-star hotels. Perhaps this hotels history as a former Holiday Inn got it this ranking. Of course, there is a reason the chains sell off property - they get sub-standard.

Thanks for the follow-up. While the Boulderado was also reported as a 3* property, it doesn't have the same amenities as the property above, which was the first tip-off that you weren't likely looking at the same property.

If you're disappointed with this result you could try to call hotwire and 'challenge' their star rating for this property.

Before you call, be prepared with links to hotel reviews which back up your claim as well as comments from users who have stayed at the property, as well as other sites which rate this hotel less than 3 stars. If the hotel is a 'borderline' 3* (ie- some companies rate this 2.5* and other rate it 3*) this may accomplish nothing... but if the majority rate it 2* then you may have a legitimate case that they will listen to. There have been instances where a hotel was clearly over-rated and contacting HOTWIRE not only brought about change for future users... but a refund/cancelaltion for the current user.

If you do pursue this let us know if you make any headway.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]