Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Downtown) Radisson

trvlgtut
By trvlgtut,
in

I would like to identify a 3* MIA airport - 79.00 shuttle/fitness center/pool/resturant/laundry/internet. Dates 5/13-5/14. From what I have read it looks like the Holiday Inn (which it seems to me Priceline has now sent down to a 2*) The one thing that confuses me is that it shows up as a best value, however when I change my search a bit (i.e. add children) I still get a 3* at the same price but less the best value banner. Different hotel perhaps? I would love to get the embassy or marriot not sure about the HI.

I am new to this board so I hope you have the info you need. There is also a 2* showing up but I will wait and do a new post for that. I am still trying the Priceline route (I have more experience with that but no success so far) The shuttle is important to me at this time.

Thank you and will use the link next time in.

tt

Welcome to BetteBidding!

The "Best Value" designation is based upon the price and star rating of this hotel vs. the other offerings for the same search. As the offerings, and often the price of same offerings, change when you add children to the mix, the hotel(s) offered as "Best Value" can change as well.

As far as the hotel above, this is a match for the Holiday Inn so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- if you need help with any other offerings, please continue this thread and keep all future posts for this stay in this same thread, thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 2* has not yet been identified, if i were to take a guess, i'd think the Fairfield Inn would be a good possibility, but that's just a guess as the amenities above are quite common.

I'm not sure about the Homesteads in the Miami area (there area few of them in this zone), but most do not include breakfast and/or local airport shuttle service... if the local Miami ones don't then i'd think these aren't a possibility.

Thanks in advance for using our HOTWIRE link.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just ran a HOTWIRE search (first for 2adults... then 2adults/2children) and the 3* in the Miami Airport zone i'm being offered for $79 doesn't show up with a Business icon.... shows up with the same amenities as you mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Okay, I knew I wasn't seeing things! I just got the 'business' icon for $83. I am curious about that. I am starting to think HI is the way to go though as it is for one night only pre cruise. I think I will lowball PL and then try to get the HI (maybe)on Hotwire if unsucessful because Hubby is getting anxious. ( I on the other hand look at it as two months to play the game!!)

Thank you for your best quess. Yes I used sb link for my PL bid and your HOTWIRE link for that inquiry. I can't help myself so I will be trying again and then go w/ the 3* if nothing comes of that. Price is close anyway from what I can see, unless I bid closer to my date of travel. It will be worth it for the shuttle services as we arrive late and are really only looking for a clean bed. Thanks again.

tt

• 3 weeks later...

Well the 3* 79.. hotel has been gone and up to 95 for a while now so hubby has been giving me the'what are you waiting for'. I have been bidding conservatively and have had my eye on the EasyClickTravel 3*airport prob HI as back up. This afternoon I just put in 18 bids (I think) using the SB link, 4* first then 3*. I did get the 3* Raddison downtown at 65... DT was an afterthought for that level and I may have bid too high for that one. The closest I have seen on your board was 71 so must be good right? 81.29 w/ taxes and fees so figuring cabs just a bit more than the shuttles but probably more flexability. Everytime I do this I learn something and if my husband is happy, I'll be happy. I will post a review if I remember (I should I have an August trip to plan so 'I'll be back') :) .

Thank you, I hope this info helps someone else- although this is now a PL post.

tt

Congratulations on your win... glad to hear you were rewarded with all that bidding today!

Best conventional rates for this date are nearly $200/nite so i think you did very well.

Thank you for sharing your win and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]