Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (WDW) Dolphin

kbkids
By kbkids,
in

There is a 3* hotel in the WDW area showing up for $61 - only amenities listed are restaurant and pool. Any clue? Thanks!

Also, the 4* listed, I think, is the Dolphin. Someone else has purchased this, same amenities, same time frame, same price - so I feel pretty confident that it's the Dolphin. My question is that the price is $122. While I think this isn't too bad, what's the chances of it going any lower before our dates, as I have seen it go for lower than this. Our dates are 2/19-2/21.

The hotel with only a Restaurant and Pool has come up before but so far no takers... the other alternatives have always been better than purchasing this property totally blind.

No one will know if the 4* property will get cheaper (or more expensive), but you're likely seeing a higher price than usual since it's winter break for a lot of schools... thus pushing up demand and prices.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I finally did it!! My first Hotwire purchase!! I was still sweating until I actually saw Dolphin pop up. We've never stayed here before but always wanted to. Can't wait until next week!!

Details below:

City Area: Walt Disney World Area

Hotel Quality: 4-star Upscale

Check-in Date: Thurs, Feb 19, 2004

Check-out Date: Sat, Feb 21, 2004

Number Of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Price per night: $122.00

Subtotal: $244.00

Total Taxes and Booking Fees: $34.95

Total: $278.95

Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Laundry Facilities

Congratulations!!

I think you did the right thing by going with the Dolphin. Although it has been coming up a lot frequently, it was actually quite rare in the past, so this gives you an opportunity to try this property and it may never haver presented itself again for your future trips.

Enjoy your stay and have a great trip!

PS- in future purchases the anxiety you feel as you wait for a response will diminish, but it never really goes away completely :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We just got back from disneyworld. We did not stay at the dolphin but did go down to that area to check it out. One word- incredible. The entire boardwalk of the dolphin, swan, yacht club, beach club, and boardwalk villas were around a lake which was beautiful. You can easily walk to epcot in about 5-10 minutes. There are restaurants and niteclubs all along the boardwalk and if you like icecream go to beaches and cream which I think is around the beachclub/yacht club area. Expensive icecream but well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
Also, the 4* listed, I think, is the Dolphin.  Someone else has purchased this, same amenities, same time frame, same price - so I feel pretty confident that it's the Dolphin.

kbkids, was the listing accompanied by a "thumbs up" icon with the link "Customer Favorite!" detailing raving reviews of the property? It has all the same amenities as that listed in the Hotwire Hotel List but states that the golf and tennis courts are NEARBY....?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]