Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Portland (Tigard) Hilton Garden Inn Lake Oswego

dealmeister
By dealmeister,
in

just scored a bid for 3 rooms @ the Hilton Garden Inn @ Lake Oswego, OR. for family & friend travel trip.

mar 17-20/2006

started @ $35 for tigard- refused

then $37 added beaverton- refused

then $37 again- added jantzen beach- refused

tried $39 added clackamas- accepted

$39 + $6.27 sc/taxes = $45.27/night X 9 total nights = $407.46 Grand Total.

summary- been doing portland trips 3-5 times a year w/family & friends. always been very happy w/the Hilton brand name. have gotten this hotel in the past- & have been very happy!!! just a few blocks from I5.

close to everything & easy Interstate access. very clean & newer building. & most importantly the front desk (unlike many othes hotels i've got in the past) doesn't discriminate against PL people. they don't even bring it up! that's why i never try d/t portland anymore b/c i'm afraid of getting Doubletree Lloyd Ctr. I HATE that place- they give you the worst rooms, charge like $16/nite parking & enjoy pointing out the fact you booked through PL. -will never budge to give you 2 beds either (i have 3 kids!!). Just remember D/T & airport hotels almost always charge for PARKING!! -so, keep that in mind!

In the past, i've been able to get 2.5* for about $32/nite but that's only for 1 room. it's a lot tougher to get that kinda price for 3 rooms. based on my bid strategy- i don't think i could've gotten a lower price......

btw- i checked the regular website for this hotel & the rack rate would have been $119/nite + taxes, so i basically paid 1/3 the price!!!

good luck to everyone else!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board... looks like a nice deal for these dates.

Your post indicates 2006, but i'm assuming this is a typo and the correct date is 2007 (which i've added to the board topic title... but please confirm)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ooops- yup -of course you're RIGHT! we're in 2007AD!

yeah- i really wanted to make sure i got these dates....so i tried early, being spring break & all, might be tougher later.....outside d/t portland i find are better deals being 'newer' clean hotels & also free parking! not to mention, closer to the outlet malls too. whereas d/t & airport almost always price 'gouge' for parking, which can really kill the deal......

usually minimum a 2.5-3* hotel is very decent.

• 1 month later...

sorry- to hear you're unsuccessful......i bidded about a month ahead? not sure whether that helped.....

nice clean hotel....stayed here previously....minutes to washington sq. mall....close to 101 & next to I5 for easy access to anywhere...not to mention a few exits from I-205 for quick access to clackamas town ctr.

my stay from 3-17 - 3-20 was start of spring break....which was surprising to me that i won the bid!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]