Priceline Hotel: 3* Milwaukee (North) Radisson North Shore

rynodaddyo
By rynodaddyo,
in

I need a 3* room in, or close to downtown Milwaukee for the dates of July 21st-23rd. I would like to keep it under $100 if possible.

There are 6 zones on priceline with 5 of them with 3* hotels. I would like to know your strategys on bidding this area.

This past summer bids seemed to be won by the Hyatt and the Hilton for about $50 during the time I want to go. Priceline is showing the Raddison and Clarion at $109, and the Sheraton at $155.

I have plenty of time to secure a room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is Downtown the only acceptable zone? The Sheraton you mention above is not in the Downtown zone. Of the three 3* hotels that have been reported in the Downtown zone... two are sold-out and i don't believe the other is still in business under the same brand, which seems like it will make this zone a little difficult for a successful win.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Any zone is fine. Downtown is where the majority of our time will be spent though. Unless it is a substantial savings... than I would prefer downtown. There are 5 zones with 3* hotels, and 1 rebid without adding other zones with 3* hotels. I have the time to bid the downtown zone only. What would be a good starting point, and at what increments would you increase each bid with $75 as a cap? Thank you in advance for the help.

Although i think your chances of success are low (essentially hoping there is a poorly loaded rate in the system) I'd bid:

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

If rejected raise each bid by $5 and repeat over the next 3-4 days up to your limit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The strategy was rejected. I would have been happy, but suprised had it gone through. I have plenty of time to win a room in this area so for the next couple of weeks I will try in the downtown zone only. I have 1 rebid for the 3* hotel I would like downtown. What do you think my next bid should be with the rebid? Thanks in advance.

Well...........I got a room, but it was on my mistake. Fortunately I will have a car, and everything is 15 minutes away from everything else in Milwaukee. I guess paying attention to every detail is a must. I wanted the downtown zone, and had a rebid in the Milwaukee-Northwest zone on a 3* hotel. On my rebid I clicked the Milwaukee North zone and not the Northwest zone. Here is how it went...

3* Hotel

Bid $65 in the downtown Milwaukee zone.....rejected

Rebid $68 in Milwaukee-North accepted

Raddison Milwaukee North Shore

Check in: July 21

Check out: July 23rd

$164.44 after taxes and fees

I probably overpaid for this room bidding on this area by mistake, but the Raddison's website has it listed at $129 a night for the dates I needed. Live, learn and move on to the other 3 stays I have on this trip.

Sorry to hear of your miss-step... if you bid enough it eventually happens to all of us (sometimes priceline does have a heart and will issue a refund, sometimes with a penalty, if you want to pursue that route).

At least this seems to work for your needs and you got the room for nearly half price.

Thanks for keeping us updated and enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]