Hotwire Hotel: Stay at JFK Airport - Come into City?

southwickhull
By southwickhull,
in

Thank you to all of you for your help.

My family of 4 is coming to NYC on April 4 -16 - staying in the area for 1 week and then road tripping into Pennsylvannia. We fly into JFK and are trying to decide whether to book a hotel near JFK airport, which would be relatively cheap, and take the subway into Manhattan or spend more (likely double) and stay in the Manhattan area?

If we stay near the airport, how long is the subway ride, say, to Times Square? and is it relatively safe enough to ride late at night after a show?

Or is there a better option that you can suggest?

Staying in Hoboken with be a very good alternative to staying in Manhattan if cost is an issue... but i don't see the $119/nite rate on a current HOTWIRE search, do you?

It will take you a bit longer to get from JFK to Hoboken (than it would to get directly to the city), but for a 1 week stay i wouldn't let that be a factor.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 10 months later...
You don't want to stay out by JFK and commute into NYC.

What are the actual dates of your NYC stay?

I have a similar question:

We are flying into JFK for a cruise leaving from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal on July 19th and plan on arriving on the 15th to spend a few days prior to the cruise. We will likely spend most if not all of our time in the Manhattan area. What is our best bet to keep commuting time/costs to a minimum and keeping our hotel stay relatively affordable. The other thing which may prove to be a problem for us is the MLB All-Star game is on July 15th in Yankee Stadium, do you think that will greatly increase hotels prices for that week? Also, when would you suggest we begin the bidding process?

Thanks in advance for your help...

I have a similar question:

We are flying into JFK for a cruise leaving from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal on July 19th and plan on arriving on the 15th to spend a few days prior to the cruise. We will likely spend most if not all of our time in the Manhattan area. What is our best bet to keep commuting time/costs to a minimum and keeping our hotel stay relatively affordable. The other thing which may prove to be a problem for us is the MLB All-Star game is on July 15th in Yankee Stadium, do you think that will greatly increase hotels prices for that week? Also, when would you suggest we begin the bidding process?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Can you please start a new thread (cut and paste your question) so we can keep the board tidy and relate answers to each individual quesiton.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]