Hotwire Hotel: 3* Vancouver (Burnaby-Coquitlam) Best Western Chelsea Inn

Grodecki
By Grodecki,
in

Dates are 3/07/07 to 3/09/07 2 Adults

3* hotel

Amenities include:

complimentary breakfast, fitness,pool, business center,laundry facilities, high speed internet access, kitchenette.

I am thinking this maybe the Holiday Inn Exress? or Best Western Kings Inn?

Thanks for any help.

I know I i'd a property that you posted as Holiday Inn Express , but the icon included tennis. Just wondering if this 3* property may be the same?

I don't think the Best Western offers complimentary breakfast... i also found the Executive Inn which i don't believe has ktichenettes in the room. The above does not match what has previously been seen to be associated with the Holiday Inn Express, but they do offer all of those amenities, so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help... and please remember to follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Maybe i had that reversed... does the Best Western have ktichenettes? Just a refrigerator is a pretty loose definition of a kitchenette, but their website states: Kitchenettes available.... but i suspect that this is not the 'standard' room. You may want to give them a call and ask if kitchenettes are available in all rooms... i suspect they'll say "no" at which point you should inquire for more info, such as what type of rooms have kitchenettes (is it just "some do and some don't" or is it only a certain room type (such as a suite) which has them, how many of these room types there are in the hotel, etc, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your input. I found out that the Best Western King's Inn has a mini fridge in each room. They have kitchenettes available with a microwave, stove and dishes, etc, but each Standard Room has ONLY the mini fridge..no cooking facilities or microwave. Holiday Inn Express has a microwave and fridge in each guest room.

Well...it was not the Holiday Inn Express at all. As a matter of fact it was no where near Metrotown area of Burnaby. It was Coquitlam. Best Western Chelsea Inn on Brunette Avenue. It was a disappointing booking(made through this website) on Hotwire. It willl still be fine for what we need. My hubby is in Vancouver for a conference for two days...the skytrain(rapid transit is only 1 1/2 blocks from the hotel) Hotel includes breakfast...reviews are pretty good. The location is fine as we are driving anyways. Oh yes...I did call the hotel and asked for a room on the top floor at the back of the property, away from highway noise. The desk staff seemed friendly and helpful. When I asked regarding the "kitchenette"...he said the room has one King Bed and a sofa bed, refridgerator, microwave and sink. So suits us fine. Just thought I would share. Thanks for all the help. Here's one for posting:

3 * Best Western Chelsea Inn

725 Brunette Avenue

Coquitlam, BC

Amenities:

complimentary breakfast, fitness,pool, business center,laundry facilities, high speed internet access, kitchenette.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List for this area.

Glad to hear that the reviews are good for this property and that it still works well for your plans/needs.

Thanks again... enjoy your stay.

I just saw this thread and thought I'd mention a couple things since I only live 5 minutes away.... although it's not close to Metrotown it is only 5 minutes from Lougheed Mall in Burnaby which is not as big but still fairly decent. There is nothing super close in walking distance but a 5 minute drive can get you to anything you are looking for (groceries, shopping... even IKEA!)... the one annoyance you might find is that it is across from Boone County Cabaret which is a big country bar... although it's only really busy on Saturday you might get some noise from that. Enjoy your stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]