Priceline Hotel: 4* 3/20 - 3/24

superstein61
By superstein61,
in

I'll give a short answer below, but please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay so that it is kept distinct from the OP of this thread.

I guess my question is what is the liklihood other 4 stars will become available in the $120 range on PL as the trip draws closer - and if I wait, what is the liklihood the Beekman becomes booked and the rate on EasyClickTravel is no longer available.

The Beekman Tower almost never gives easyclicktravel additional rooms... once they go to "on request" it is usually done. Since EasyClickTravel is fully cancellable up until a couple of days before your stay, why not book it while you wait to see if you can get a better deal? Seems like you'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so.

Please use our EasyClickTravel or Beekman Tower link to book, and if you start a NEW TOPIC, we'll also look for other options.

OK - thanks - I started this new topic. I guess I could do that and keep trying on PL. Maybe I was reading EasyClickTravel wrong when I saw "Hotel cancellations or changes made 48 hours prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to 1 night/s fee"

I guess I read that to say cancellations 48 hours or later are subject to 1 night fee - but you say otherwise and that it is really 48 hrs or less are only subject to 1 night fee - correct?

Also, does EasyClickTravel charge the full amount to my CC now when I book or only when we travel?

Thanks

Their cancellation policy is poorly worded... but in this instance, if you cancel at least 2 days before check-in there is no cancellation penalty. Inside of 2 days of check-in is subject to a one nite cancellation fee.

Your credit card is billed at the time of booking.

Here is a link to the Beekman Tower.

If you need help with a bidding strategy thereafter let us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I decided not to book the beekman tower (decided to keep my very cheap alternative) - but have no luck to date with any 4* up to $120 for 3/20 - 3/24.

I see many wins for the Paramount for these dates - but I do not want that hotel (need a place where I feel I have a reasonable chance of getting 2 beds). Since I am now 2 weeks out, my choice are wait and continue trying for a 4* in MTW, MTE or UM/CPS or take my chances bidding for a 3* in MTE (which PL identifies as their best bargain there) or a 2.5* in MTS (identified by PL as the best bargain in MTS now).

My gut tells me the MTS is the HI Express - Chelsea - which has a rack rate on the HI website of $179 advance purchase. Given this, what would be a good bid rate / strategy for the 2.5 MTS - and in your experience, are there other 2.5* hotels in MTS that you would not want to stay at to risk this bid?

Oh, and FWIW - I believe the HI Chelsea is listed on Hotwire now (a 3* there now) at $176 for this same timeperiod

Thanks

Personally i wouldn't risk bidding the lower star levels in NYC if i was seeking a room with two beds or for more than double occupancy (and i'd think twice about doing it at the 4* level as well... depending upon how comfortable i'd be with somebody in the group having to sleep on the floor). But then again, i wouldn't choose a hotel with a shared bath either.

Given your back-up, just how high are you wiling to bid for a 2.5* in the MTS zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yea - I know the 2 beds is a risk - but I feel fairly confident at the 4* level to get a room that would have this - (especially if its the Hilton where my honors account usually helps). I don't feel anywhere confident on the 3* level knowing Paramount pops up a lot and their rooms are beyond small. From people who have one the 2.5 HI Express, they seemed to have no issue with 2 bedded rooms - but its never guaranteed.

all that said, my backup as noted is $75 a night. My 4* limit was $120. So my 2.5* would be somewhere between those two - lets say around $100

Thanks

• 2 months later...

After trying daily for almost 2 months - I had no PL luck. However, I was able to find a really low fare using Sidestep. Ended up having to make 2 bookings - one for Tues - Thur thru GTA Hotels.com- for get this $59 a night at the Milford Plaza. I didn't want to switch hotels and thus booked the Friday night thru Octopustravel.com for about $170 a night. I could have gotten the Friday night cheaper elsewhere - but in the end I paid under $350 total (that includes tax) for 4 nights. I neer had heard of either of these sites - but they must cater more to the overseas / group market and sell their excess inventory in this manner.

While the Milford Plaza may not be the best place, I was happy with it. Very conveniently located and met our needs

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]