Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Beekman Tower

djkbooks
By djkbooks,
in

Amenities: Suite, Fitness, Restaurant, High Speed Internet, Kitchenette

I was very nervous about booking this, since the property is not identified on this forum. Over the better part of the day, the rate fluctuated considerably (Hotwire tracks your searches?). Given rates for October, I took the plunge. Beekman receives overwhelmingly favorable reviews on TripAdvisor and the location is just fine for us, so I'm very pleased. And, we've previously been to Top of the Tower within and enjoyed that very much.

I still need to book Saturday, October 27, 2007 (something must be going on...). But, since we're driving in we can spend the first night on the way.

Note to all: the purpose of our trip is to see Grease and Jersey Boys (again). For the "hot" shows, it is essential to buy your tickets many, many months out, especially for better seats (all orchestra, even with obstructed view, and first half of mezzanine seats are the same price, except for premium seats).

Yes, with my experience with NYC hotels, I suspected Affinia 50, Beekman, or Eastgate (all Affinia properties), for Midtown East. Since all are among the very few Suite hotels in Midtown East, and all receive favorable reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to go ahead. Because we appreciate coffee (with real cream) as soon as we open our eyes, anything with a kitchenette (for the fridge) at that rate would have been appealing! Radio City Apartments rate was $180, and would have been more centrally located, but only a double bed. My "book and you can cancel" has always been the Travel Inn on 42nd (steps from our beloved Chez Josephine and with free parking), but their rates have gone way up over the last few years. $250 for these dates!

Rates for same dates directly with Beekman website were $179, $162 with prepayment. So, savings was not significant, but will defer parking charges! Hotwire charged $89 in fees, which I calculated would have been about $78 for taxes, daily occupancy, etc.

Nowadays, if you can find anything in NYC under $200 that's not objectionable in any way and reasonably well located, it's a gift!

A million thanks, ThereUAre for developing and maintaining this forum!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]