El Segundo, California 90245

310-615-0015

Your Offer Price: $60.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $60.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $15.92

Total Charges*: $75.92

This was a shocker. Had been trying for the 3* Hilton or Crowne Plaza. First bid $55, then added Santa Monica and bid $60 and got this hotel. I guess thereuare can add it to the list.

TripAdvisor reports are not good and savings is probably only about $20, so others looking for a 3* at LAX should be aware.

Thank you for the addition to the Priceline Hotel List and for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Sorry to hear this one didn't go as well as you expected, but fortunately just a one nite stay and will hopefully be sufficient for your needs.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

just an update to this bid:

Friends in LA told me that this hotel was definitely not 3* quality--especially not when compared to the Crowne Plaza, Hilton, etc. in this sector.

I complained to Priceline who came back and agreed to refund my money, which was a pleasant surprise! That's pretty exceptional so I suppose they must have received a number of complaints. I notice that the Hacienda is now listed as a 2.5* on their regular booking engine. I'm assuming they've updated it on the NYOP side too--I've asked them to confirm this (though I doubt they can acknowledge that officially).

It's good to know that Priceline is responsive to customers' feedback. I'll return the favor with my continued business (including finding a replacement for this night).

In the past six months or so, I've booked a lot of 3 stars $60 LAX and always gotten Radisson, Crowne Plaza, Hilton, and once Embassy Suites. Recently, in late February 2007, I booked it and much to my surprise, I got Hacienda Hotel. This hotel is barely a 2 star, let alone a 3 star. It's basically a Motel 6 with a decent lobby. The room was horrible. I complained bitterly and frequently to Priceline (that rating Hacienda as a 3 star is fraud, at least if Hilton or Crowne Plaza are in the same category) and ultimately was refunded the money (after staying there!). I asked if they had downgraded Hacienda, but Priceline would not answer, only to say they are reviewing it. Most recently in early March, I booked Sheraton Gateway at four star $85 but I tried again today and did not receive a winning bid. I may bump back down to 60 3 stars if Hacienda is off the list.

mtc,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your stay as your dates are different than the OP of this thread, as well, we'll then be able to reflect the details of your results (ie- dates, price paid, hotel received, star rating, etc) in the topic title of the new thread.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]