Priceline Hotel: 4* Newport Beach Area Wanted-4/15-4/17

bbrown9506
By bbrown9506,
in

Hi all

Looking to get a place in the Newport Beach Area for 2 nights 4/15-4/17! We need 2 Rooms, have tried now twice bidding all the way from $90 to $130 with the rebid areas I have available. Looking for a 4* place, I got the Hyatt last year for $106 a night. Is it harder to get 2 rooms? Should I maybe try to just get one and see if I get a hit? then try again for the other room? Doesnt seem to be any takers for my $130 a night! Listed price is $265 a night at the Hyatt! Anyone know if you can still get the Hyatt through priceline, last mention I see here on the board is mine last year! thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ive tried 3X going all the way up from $90 to $130 with no takes! going to try and change the dates, really wanted part of the weekend but doesnt look good! anyone else get anything lately in this area in 4 Star category? any ideas on waiting till closer to dates? does priceline get more rooms as dates get closer adn hotel looks to dump rooms?

it was an email about current deals from priceline that I might be interested in! When I saw the Neport beach 4 stars at $125 i was a bit confused since this is the hotel star range and area I was going for! I have even gone past the $125 a night they mentioned in the email. Do you think its because Im trying to get two rooms that pcln isnt accepting my offers! or maybe the week? maybe its a blacked out week! anyway thanks for all your help I will keep trying and trying for something

which hotel did they mentioned for the 125$ usd in newport? is it the Hyatt or the Marriott?

Ok I check Hyatt website and got these prices

4/17--$265 a night

4/18--$285 a night

4/19--$265 a night

so I do see a difference in prices on the nights I want.....coudl this be my problem! I went to $140 today with no Takers!

And you are right about the email, it was one of those this is the price that has be gotten in last 21 days for travel betwen 2/07-a dn 2/08! But Neport Beach 4 Stars can only be Marriot or Hyatt! Thanks for all the help! just want to get the damn room already, amount of time I spent trying to save a few dollars is adding up to more then what It would cost me to just buy them and be done with it! But I will keep trying as i have over a month till I need rooms

what have you said that me changing the dates would make any difference ?? I use this board to see what others have been getting and doesnt seem like anyone has bid and won a 4 Star in the area im looking for in a while! Costa Mesa seems to be the easy win but who wants to go stay by the airport even if it is close to the beach! This board has worked great for me before, helped me land a great week in Maui, some nice weeekend get aways! but I never used it before when I needed certain dates and its getting to be a hassle with all these failed attempts!

Anyway how many days is it between Rebids for same thing>one right?

Just because nobody has won for your specific dates doesn't mean that we don't have some insight as far as what demand is like for each set of dates... and it appears to me (imo) that your new dates are going to be tougher to win than your previous dates.

The lock-out period between bids is 24 hours.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just went to the hyatt site like you said, seems the weekend is cheaper then the week! $175 bs $290! crazy for a hotel to be cheaper on the weekend, but I guess they get more business travelers then vacation travelers! anyway bid for the weekend up to $137 and no luck! The Hyatt site has a AAA rateof $148 a night so Im not going any higher, will try once more before just taking the AAA rate-Thanks for all the help

Ended up going through the Hyatt website and used AAA Rates to get $148 a night-listed price was $175. I bid up to $142 and never won on more then one occasion! thanks for all your help. Glad I didnt win the 142 since i htink I paid less booking direct since that includes tax I believe where as the priceline bid didnt!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]