Priceline Hotel: Question about Greenville 4*

icedancer
By icedancer,
in

My husband and I are planning a trip to Greenville, SC from 4/26-4/29, and have been asked to stay at the Westin Poinsett. I saw on TOBB that the Westin was listed as the only 4* in Greenville, but the reviews were very, very out of date. 4* is still listed as a choice on Priceline for that zone. Has anybody won that hotel recently, or know if that's still the only 4* hotel offered (or the only 4* hotel in Greenville, for that matter...)? We are completely unfamiliar with that area.

Right now, best rate for those dates is $169, with multiple free re-bids, so I'm thinking this is a ripe opportunity for getting a good deal.

You have four re-bid zones when bidding 4* in this area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Greenville...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Greenville and re-bid zone2...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Greenville and re-bid zone3...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Greenville and re-bid zone4...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Greenville and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Greenville and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Greenville and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just as an aside, and I'm not sure whether you're still looking, but yes the Westin is the only known 4 star in the Greenville area. I've stayed there recently and it's quite nice. Pricelineing this hotel is a bit finicky though. Be sure to check their actual website to make sure they have rooms available, otherwise you'll be shooting in vain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
The Westin Poinsett finally sold out (per the Westin website), so I've decided to go for a 3*. I started a new thread with my results.

I realize I'm adding on to a very old thread here, but I, too, have been trying to target the Westin in Greenville for a trip this coming July. I took the bidding all the way up to $144 a night for two nights and was rejected repeatedly. List price for the rooms I want right now is $180. Based on my research, there are no other 4* hotels in Greenville, so my assumption is there's no real incentive for Westin to accept low offers because they are the only game in town.

I'll keep looking and let you know if other options present.

Bo

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]