Hotwire Hotel: 4*Cancun All-Inclusive

attfam
By attfam,
in

4* All-Inclusive Cancun: June 11-18, 2007 (7nights)

Price per night per room: $192

Tax recovery $7.15

Total charges and fees: $1,351.15

2 Adults/1 Child (15 yrs. but HW does not ask for age.)

Amenities: Resort/Beachfront, Food & Beverage Included, A La Carte Dining, Evening Entertainment Included, Childrens Activity Program, Pools, Business Center, Gold Nearby, Spa Servies, Premium Beverages Included, Water/Sports Activity Included, Daily Activities Included, Fitness Center, Restaurants(s), High Speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby.

Is this the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, Possibly GR Solaris?

This is my first experience with HW AI Deals. Was wondering if anybody has booked an AI Hotel with HW in Cancun with 2A/1C over 12yrs, HW age range is (2-17). This seems unbelievably low considering other AL I have looked into charge additional fees for children ove 12, treating a 15 yr old as an adult. I'd hate to book the deal and find any hidden charges when I arrive at Cancun for the AL, extra persons, etc. On other sites, this cost can be well over $100/night. Reservations are not cancellable. Is this too good of deal to be true?

This makes me nervous -when you go to book, one of terms state:

Some hotels may apply additional charges that are not included in your Hotwire rates - such as parking, convention or resort fees. You will be required to pay any such fees directly to the hotel (usually at check-out time). Once you book such a reservation, we recommend contacting your hotel to ask about any additional charges.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It is odd to not see the price of an all-inclusive go up when adding a child, but as long as the child is under the age of 17 (as per HOTWIRE's cut-off) then you should be 'ok'.

The comments that you posted at the end of your post are standard for all hotels booked on HOTWIRE... you shouldn't be charged anything that a 'conventionally' booked guest wouldn't be charged for.

Regarding the hotel above, there is not an exact match. The Dreams, Omni, and GR Solaris are all close, but each misses by the addition/subtraction of one amenity... so no positive ID can be made.

If you do move foward on the above, please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. Looking at Hotwire again, looks like there are four 4* All Inclusives, none are exact matches.

I read on another forum that somebody booked a (1) room through Hotwire for 3 Adults/1 Child (17yrs.) at the Hyatt Regency. Hotwire took the booking, but when he called direct to Hyatt to confirm, was told that the 17 yrs old was an adult, and that only 2 adults allowed to room, and they needed one more room. Hotwire tried to work through the hotel stating breach of contract, but the hotel did not budge.

Was wondering, if anybody here has booked All Inclusive deal with HOTWIRE, if you could give feedback on what to expect. Thanks.

The above story doesn't make much sense, as the person booked quad occupancy (3 adults + 1 child) so if the hotel only allows 2 adults per room, they shouldn't have taken the reservation in the first place given the 3 adults... regardless of whether the 1 child was considered an adult or not.

Plenty of all-inclusives booked throughout the board without incident. HOTWIRE customer service is pretty good, and i'm sure the booking above was refunded (if it happened as described).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

undefined - You have a point. On another note, am I doing something wrong here? When I pull this topic from the forum, I don't see your replies. Maybe have something to do with the edits/move you did for me. I've been pulling your replies up from your profile/recent posts.

I think I would be happy with any of the choice that we've narrowed down. $192/night for 3 people all-inclusive is a steal.

I'll make sure to use the HOTWIRE link here when and if we book. And of course, let you know what we got. Thanks.

When I pull this topic from the forum, I don't see your replies
Not sure... if you know how to take a screenshot of your monitor can you email it to me?

If you go to OPTIONS at the top right corner of the forum, is 'standard' highlighted near the bottom of the list?

please let us know. I've narrowed it to the Omni, GR Solaris, Dreams or RPLA - none matches exactly but are the only ones HW shows on the vacation package. Based on reading up on other forums, my suspicion is that it will be the GR. I've looked at all four and IMO at the HW rate, you can't go wrong. I'll probably wait until the end of the month but will post the results if I book. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Tried to book today with dates of June 16-21, 2007 for $189/night. After entering credit card information, and submitting, I got this message:

We couldn't process your request.

We're sorry, but the itinerary you selected is no longer available. Your card has not been charged. We apologize for the inconvenience.

You may retry your search by modifying your date, neighborhood or select another hotel within a different star category and we will search all other hotels to find the best available hot-RateSM.

Note that this price is not guaranteed until the purchase is complete. Hotwire Customer Care Associates will not be able to assist you with this problem. Error #405

Tried several times yesterday also. Per Hotewire, it states that Hotwire will not be able to assist with this problem. I really wanted to book this at the $189/night for 2 adult/1 child. Has anybody else had this happen to them? Any suggestions on the next step. I don't want to downgrade to the 3* or 3.5*. thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]