Priceline Hotel: Kaanapali Resort 05/04/07 - 05/07/07

sport97
By sport97,
in

I would like to stay at the Hyatt from 05/04/07 to 05/07/07. I believe that it is available on Hotwire right now for $299/night during this time period. I am interested in trying to see if I can get it for less on Priceline. My max for the Hyatt on Priceline is in the $225-$250 range.

My only concern is that I will get the Sheraton, which I believe is also on Hotwire for $263 during this time period. I am not opposed to the Sheraton if I can't get the Hyatt, however I do not want to pay more than $225 a night for it, and I would really rather only pay about $200 for it.

I have already made a refundable back-up reservation so I have some time. Any advice or suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Based upon your scenario above i would only bid as high as you'd be 'content' in getting the Sheraton ($225 or $200, depending upon your thoughts).

If that fails, you can then take the HOTWIRE offering (if that's within your budget), book direct with the Hyatt, or decide that you could live with the Sheraton at a higher price than you've previously attempted.

If you would like a more specific strategy let us know the maximum you'd be willing to pay and still be happy with the Sheraton and we'll advise accordingly.

Let us know your thoughts and keep us updated with your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

What's the price on HOTWIRE?

Maui still seems like a bad value vacation destination at the moment -- unless you can snag a deal using points or timeshare presentations. Always worth checking out the ResortQuest Entertainment Card rates, too.

If you have any flexibility with your island, I highly recommend going to Kauai instead and booking the Hilton $90 Entertainment rate. Kauai is as good or better than Maui, IMHO. Certainly no reason to pay 2 or 3 times the price for Maui.

• 2 weeks later...

I have almost finalized my travel plans for a trip to Maui and Oahu at the end of April - beginning of May:

Maui

First 2 nights: Renaissance Wailea at a govt rate of $159/night.

Next 2 nights: Hyatt Regency Kaanapali Beach using some gift certificates.

Rental car: Still working on it b/c my boyfriend insists on a jeep and I haven't found any remarkable deals. So far the best rate I have found is $54/day with Thrifty, total charges $256.95.

Oahu

First 2 nights: Turtle Bay Resort at an active duty military appreciation rate of $217/night.

Last 3 nights: Waikiki Beach Marriott at a govt rate of $169/night.

Rental car: Priceline win, convertible for $27/day, total charges $223.29.

The main reason for our trip is to attend a wedding at Turtle Bay Resort, and my boyfriend loves Maui (I have never been Maui or Oahu) so we both just took some time off b/f the wedding to turn this trip into vacation. I am not sure that splitting up our time in Maui at two different hotels is such a good idea, but I just could not make up my mind between Wailea and Kaanapali. Also, the reason I went with two Marriott properties is because: (1) they had the best govt rates (he is active duty Air Force pilot and I am a fed'l govt employee) (Note- the Halekoa in Oahu did have a better rate than the Marriott Waikiki, but the boyfriend has stayed at the Halekoa before and thought it might be worth it to pay a little more for a better property); and (2) I am a Marriott Rewards member so I like to earn the points. I know I can do a little better than the Marriott govt rate on Priceline for a Waikiki resort, but when you factor in that I am earning points for the stay, its worth it to me to pay the extra $20 or so per night. One more thing, I would have tried for a Kaanapali resort on Priceline for the entire 4 days in Maui if I thought I could get for about $160-$185/night and The Whaler wasn't an option. Just not willing to risk ending up at The Whaler on my first trip to Maui.

I hope I made good decisions. We'll find out soon enough...

Thanks to everyone who provided helpful suggestions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]