NV Las Vegas Renaissance Convention Center

Newbie2006
By Newbie2006,
in

I arrived Las Vegas Renaissance hotel around 4pm on wednesday. I was aware that the hotel is almost sold out because there're couple conventions going on this week & weekend (thats what I am here for too). I booked this hotel approx 1.5 month ahead with priceline so I had a very good deal. The front desk guy is very friendly and helpful. As seem from the previous review, upon the checkin, they walked around the counter and offered u their signature chocolate and personally welcome you to the hotel. Now that's a nice touch. I called ahead of the time to reserve a room on a high floor w/ view, they did that. The only time that they mentioned about priceline is that he reminded me that my stay will not be honored for their rewards program (I am silver elite level btw).

The hotel is fairly new (built in 2004 I believe) so everything is in a nice condition. The beds are nice (pillowtop mattress), towels are fluffy (and there are plenty in the room), and the AC is quiet, Flat screen LCD TV in every room (26" Phillips) and a wireless phone. The best of all, they provided WiFi for their customers inside the hotel (where other hotel would normally charges you 10-15+ dollars). I am not the type of person who cares about carpet stains but while i am looking at it..It does not shows any spots. Deco in the room is contemp. style and the furnitures are in a good condition. The blind does prevent sunshine and the AC is good (not very loud) but I have a feeling that it may not be cold enough for the summer time (Right now is around 65F in vegas - perfect weather in feb). Ample lighting and sheets are crisp and there are plenty pillows (like 6 on my bed, 2 in the closet). Workdesk is large and the chair is ergonomically designed (I would like to take this chair home actually. J/k). The refrigerater is underneath the desk and it seems like they put stuffs in it so I did not touch it. The coffee maker is provided in the room as well (under the sink, so you have to pull it out to use it), also a nice touch since some 4* hotels on the strip don't even offer you with this types of amenitis.

The bathroom contains a sink, toilet (strong flush, i like that). a shower (marbled) and a bathtub. It is very clean and in a good condition as well. I also get to use the club lounge on the 15th floor. It provided you with complimentary drinks & snacks & newspapers throughout the day. For those who does not have access to the lounge, there's fitness center on site that provides with free water & fresh fruits as well.

I also get to use the swimming pool and jacuzzi at night (around 11pm). It is very quite and clean. However, the only thing that i didn't like about the jacuzzi is that the chemical oder is actually too strong. I am the type of person who doesn't mind using the jacuzzi at 24 hour fitness / Bally's (VERY, VERY dirty). This jacuzzi is clean but the chemical odor keeps me coughing like crazy so I had to take off early. However, there are big sofa-style couch next to the poolside (plenty~ at least 5+) where people can relax. I used the pool at night so I can not tell whether this is good enough for sunbathing (I am not into tanning either). Parking garage is convient too, its right next to the hotel and its not too far from the hotel elevators (unlike big scale hotels where u actually walked 5-10mins to reach ur room), another good thing about this hotel.

There are 2 restaurants (one is the steak house Envy) and another deli shop like store located on the 1st floor. I didn't get to try neither so I can not comment on it.

Overall, this is a very good hotel located close to the strip (right next to the monorail station too). You can take the shuttle to the Wynns hotel (8am-8pm) or else it will be a good idea to rent a car if u want to get around this town. There is also a McDonalds like 2 tiny blocks down so budget minded travellers can eat (or take their kids to eat). The quality of the room, the staff, and the price is already make me feel that I choose the right hotel. I stayed at the Paris (Calais suite on 34th Floor, facing bellagios), bellagios, MGM, Mandalay Bays, Venetian, Monte Carlos...etc. Most of them did not offer the service which a 4* hotel should have (the quality of the room amendities and the customer service). This hotel sets a standard where a 4* hotel should be. A hotel's star rating should be based on their room and service, not how BIG they are or how much they spent to mimic effiel tower, etc.

One another note, I offered tip to the front desk because he's being so nice & helpful and he did not take it. It is another good impression that I have for this hotel (but then, 20$ trick is very useful if ur staying at Harris property hotels, worth a try). Hope this review helps!

• 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]