Hotwire Hotel: HELP NYC hotel stay

voubaixar
By voubaixar,
in

im looking for a hotel in new york, around april, thru name your price...

after my search, i get the total price, total charge onm my card...im wondering if this will be ALL the charge on my card, and more important IF IT INCLUDES THE HOTEL TAXES (i.e. new yorks occupancy tax)

thanks in advance

All charges should be included in the total you pay to Priceline. The only exception I am aware of is the Resort Fee some Resort properties charge. This is a fee for the use of their facilities and is a daily charge usually around $20. If you are not bidding on a resort then there shouldn't be any extra fees unless, of course, you order room service, use the spa, etc. Some hotels charge for phone calls so be aware of that also.

And remember any of these "extra" fees would be charged regardless of using Priceline.

It seems as though voubaixar hasn't yet "hit the trigger". What we are seeing is the last page before the button for "buy my room" is clicked. That's why he doesn't yet know what hotel it will be. And it's the priceline page, not the hotwire page.

Voubaixar - the best way of id-ing this hotel possibility is by checking the priceline lists at the top of the NYC forum - match the 2 1/2 * rating with any hotels that appear on the list. Your end price of $537.17 is total - nothing else will appear from Priceline on your credit card billing. At this point you are only seeing a summary of what you are offering to bid.

Or is it late - my time 1:15 AM - and I am the one who is confused?? :)

The 2* MTS hotel in your first post was first brought up in this Hotwire New York thread and has not yet been identified, although you can look there as to some of the guesses that were made.

Also in that post, and i will re-iterate here, is that we really don't recommend buying an opaque property at the lower star levels in NYC... you may know some 2* hotels that you'd be quite happy with, but remember that you're buying a 2* hotel "sight unseen", so you could get something that is less than desirable.

What is your nightly budget for this trip?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can try to bid those amounts, but i'd doubtful you'll be successful.

NYC is an expensive hotel market, and Spring (when you are coming) is one of the peak seasons. Unfortunately the $125 area just doesn't get you a lot of hotel in NYC during high season (even thru the opaque channels). As an example, taking the NYC Courtyard by Marriott properties (pretty much 2.5* rated throughout the chain) rates for your dates are $259-$359 depending upon which property you look at.

If you failed with the opaque suppliers, do you have any back-up hotel/plan near your budget?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]