Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* NYC (MTS) Holiday Inn Express

shneebs
By shneebs,
in

Hi folks,

My first post, but I think you'll find it quite useful... I just purchased the 2-1/2 * in Midtown South for Feb 8-12th for $77/night, and the hotel was.... Holiday Inn Express! This hotel is very well reviewed on Tripadvisor, so for my money, this is a screaming bargain!

A tip for you when trying to identify hotels: take note of what the hotel's amenities are, the location, the star level, etc, etc.... then go to the Hotwire Packages section of their site, pick your same dates, but make it a package with a car, and then it will list prices, but this time it shows the hotel names! I used this method, and was getting a very low rate for Holiday Inn Express - showed the same location & amenities as the "unknown" 2-1/2 *, so I rolled the dice and got the hotel I was expecting. This is the 2nd time I've used this method with success.

Good luck to all...

Shneebs.

Welcome ot BetterBidding and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add the amenities that are associated with this property so that we can add them to the Hotwire Hotel List. You can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello again,

Amenities listed for the Holiday Inn Express Chelsea were:

- Complimentary breakfast

- Fitness center

- Business center

- High Speed Internet Access

Shneebs.

p.s. I just looked again, and now the price is down to $75/night! Is there any kind of price protection on Hotwire? I'd love to save another $2 off/night! lol...

They do have price protection, but not against their own rates... plus technically you don't know that this is the same hotel you just bought, it could be another hotel in the zone with the same exact star rating and amenities.

Also, note that sometimes the vacation package product amenities are different than what is shown in the opaque product, which is why we maintain the Hotwire Hotel List.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I figured that would be hoping for too much to have them price-match themselves... oh well...

I just had quite a shock - just looked again on Hotwire... the price is now at $156 for my dates for what appears to be the same property!!! So this means that so far today, the price has been $77 (what I booked for), down to $75, and now up to $156! (All assuming this is the same property of course.) I had no idea the prices fluctuated this quickly!

Shneebs.

Thanks for that post as I have been looking at the 2.5* hotel and wondering which hotel is could be. I nearly booked either that one or the 4* in Hoboken last night and the prices were both very low - 2.5* about $95 and the 4* $119.

I went to book today and found the same as you - the price has shot up for both hotels, $175 and $299 respectively!! I tried different dates and got the same sort of prices. Knew they went up and down - but not by that much. Will have to wait now and monitor the situation.

Thanks for the info about the Holiday Inn - is it a good location etc?

Tracey

Thanks for the info about the Holiday Inn - is it a good location etc?
Well, it depends what you call a "good location". :) I think it's pretty decent... It's about 3 blocks south of Madison Square Garden, and only about a block from a 7th Ave subway stop. The name of the hotel is "Holiday Inn Express Chelsea" but apparently some would argue that it's not in Chelsea, but in fact north of it... Apparently the neighbourhood is not the greatest, but definitely not horrible... I guess I'll find out for myself in a few more days! :)

Shneebs.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]