Priceline Hotel: henderson resort help

hannahb352
By hannahb352,
in

I'm trying to split up a 5 night trip to las vegas. Right now I have the 27, 28, 29th of May (Memorial Day weekend) booked with Treasure Island for 400.00 with fees and taxes and am planning on getting married there at TI on the 28th. I will hold this reservation and bid the week before for Venentian and if no luck I will be happy at TI but just in case I can get the Venetian I will try. As for the last two nights, the 30, 31st of May I would like to stay at the Hyatt at Lake Las Vegas in Henderson..just to get away. I was hoping to bid a Sun. and Mon. night kind of cheap here is what I bid:

$50 reject, $53 reject, $55 reject, $58 reject, $60 reject, $62 reject, $65 reject, and then finally since my rebids were used up I used the strip knowing I wouldn't get the 5* for my last $67 bid. All rejected.

My reasoning behind these bids was that at first...about 4 days ago I was bidding for this resort for entire trip and at one point was counter offered at $101 a night for all nights. So cheapo me said no and continued to bid low. I didn't get it and went up to $85 a night I think. Anyway so when I was only bidding the last two nights I thought they would be cheaper since they were the Sun. and Mon. part of the trip.

So am I just too cheap?? Should I expect to pay $100 a night for this resort?

Evidently, this property has multiple Priceline rates (as do most others).

Accepted prices that we've seen fro this property include $55, $80, and $95. None of which were extreme overbids since prior bids of $5 less were rejected before each acceptance.

In addition to the Henderson zone, this zone has 6 re-bids (plus a 7th if you include the strip.... nice thinking on your part! :) )

Assuming you are willing to go up to $100/nite (i don't know your actual limit) i would bid the following:

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $100.

Since you have already bid up to $85, i'm doubtful the lower bids will get accepted; but inventory constantly changes so maybe you'll get lucky and some inventory will have been added. Since you received a counter at $101, my guess is that perhaps the prior winning bid at $90 is the magic number here too.

If all of that fails, i would think that there currently is no availablility and i would give it a few weeks before trying again.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks ...I will just wait and rebid with higher bids like you suggested.

Side note and maybe a bit off topic..I just checked my first 3 nights on hotwire.com and they had Treasure Island..or what I believed to be TI for $144 a night which is $22 a night more than I found on their (Treasure Islands) website..so I went for it and took the room on Hotwire and it was TI..I now have a claim in for double my difference which should put this my room around $100 a night, which is a great price for this weekend (Memorial Day) for a Thur, Fri, and Sat. night and exactly where I want to be. So just a note to anyone else out there thinking of the strip over that weekend..TI's rates online are lower than any other 4* and right now Hotwire is overpriced making an even better deal. I guessed it was TI and NOT New York New York due to the customer favorite icon, but otherwise amenities are exactly the same so be careful, plus I checked packages over that weekend and only found TI packages not NYNY packages. Wish me luck this is my first Double the Difference Try!!!

That's very much on-topic for this forum (and we welcome a little off-topic stuff anyways).

Please post your TI info as a new thread so it will be easy to find for others that are looking for information regarding that specific hotel. You can just copy/paste most of the above to a new thread; it would also be great if you could include the amenities and star ratings that are associated with this property.

Please follow-up and let us know that the Double the Difference went smoothly and approved without any problem.

Thanks for sharing!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]