Priceline Hotel: 4* Honolulu (Waikiki Marina) Hawaii Prince

ozgirl
By ozgirl,
in

Hi,

I was hoping for some help bidding for a hotel or resort in Honolulu please....

The areas I'd like to stay in are:-

Honolulu (Waikiki East)

Honolulu (Waikiki North)

Honolulu (Waikiki South)

Star Rating:- 4*, 3* or resort

My budget is upto $90.

I know the chances of getting a 4* are really low but thought I'd give a try....:)

Thank you.

The areas I'd like to stay in are:-

Honolulu (Waikiki East)

Honolulu (Waikiki North)

Honolulu (Waikiki South)

The above are not priceline zones (they have re-defined the area and now use new descriptions and boundaries). Please go to Priceline and look at the map and let us know which of the zones you're willing to bid... we'll then be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I did wonder about that....I saw the area names on priceline and tried to match to the priceline hotel list pinned on the msg board. So in order of preference here are the areas I think will are what I want.

Waikiki Beach Area

Waikiki City Central

Waikiki Marina Area

Thanks,

Ozgirl

At the 4* level you hae four re-bid zones, only one at the 3* level (NOTE: Ihilani is not a re-bid zone). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Waikiki Beach and re-bid zone4...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Waikiki City...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Waikiki Beach and Waikiki City...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70.

You'll need to stop there, for if the above is rejected, you'll have to wait another day to get up to your $90 maximum bid for a 3*... then if that is rejected on a subsequent day we can include the Marina zone in your bidding.

So start with the above and let us know how it goes... if rejected we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To get up to your $90 limit for a 3* (so that you can begin to try the Marina area) you can try the following 24 hours after your last rejected bid.

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Waikiki Beach and re-bid zone4...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Waikiki City...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Waikiki Beach and Waikiki City...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

If the above is rejected you can continue with the above strategy, or you can start to include the Marina zone if you'd like (we'll revise the strategy accordingly if/when you're ready to do so).

Thanks for trying thru the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

For several years, folks were getting generally nice 3-star hotels on Waikiki for less than $75. Unfortunately, Hawaii has gotten significantly more expensive lately and those deals seem to be gone. But, of course, you never know.

While you wait for deals to (hopefully) pop up, you certainly should call ResortQuest (formerly Aston) and ask what you can get on the half-off Entertainment rate. I believe the Outrigger chain has a similar promotion. This will give you a good idea what it's worth bidding up to on priceline.

Hi,

Thought I'd give an update....

I've been following thereuare's strategy but haven't had success yet.

Lonestar,

Thank you for your suggestion....but can I ask what is the entertainment rate? I'm assuming that you can purchase an Entertainment Card and use it for discount at various venues eg retaurants, movies, attractions over a calender or fin yr?

Can I get one even though I live in Australia? Are there more benefits that I can take advantage of? I'm planning to travel to Canada too... Is there a website that I use to get more information?

Thanks,

Ozgirl

In your situation, I obviously wouldn't buy an Entertainment Book unless you actually booked one of their "half off" hotels, but yes there are also some generally modest discounts on restaurants and attractions in the book. If you go to the Entertainment website, you can see what the discounts are. I recall there are books for some Canadian cities, too. In Hawaii, the restaurant and attraction discounts are heavily concentrated in Honolulu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

After much back and forward, I've changed my travel dates. My friends are traveling on the same dates and have booked the Ocean Resort for under $100USD (includes tax).

As I now had a more flexible budget and preference for a 4*, I increased my bids and ended up with the 4* Hawaii Prince for $145 for the dates 9-13 Sept. I think this is in the Marina area. A bit higher than I wanted to pay but I'm pleased with the result.

Thanks,

Ozgirl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]