Priceline Hotel: Need Help for bidding at Hyatt SFO Airport

wusel
By wusel,
in

Hi there,

I'm new to priceline. I'm trying to bid for a stay at SFO Airport (4* - sheraton or hyatt) from Sept 3 to Sept 6.

Is it too early for getting a good price? What would be a good bitting strategy (rebid zones and so on)??? I'm willing to spend max 90 USD per room per night.

My first try was 65 USD and SFO Airport zone. This offer was rejected. What would be a good next step?

Thanx for your help!

Rates are not that high for these dates, so i'd book a cancellable back-up and try bidding as follows:

You have three re-bid zones at the 4* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* SFO...

Bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55

This early before your stay i wouldn't bid higher than the above. (you can try every 1-3 weeks or so... any more and you'll likely get discouraged and/or frustrated)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have three re-bid zones at the 4* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

It's possible to get seven re-bid zones by bidding the following:

SFO

SFO + CH

SFO + CCA

SFO + SSF

SFO + CH + CCA

SFO + CH + SSF

SFO + CCA + SSF

SFO + CH + CCA + SSF

I too have been trying for a 4* SFO hotel for April 6th - 10th without any luck - starting at $44 and increasing by $3 increments.

I can get what appears to be the 3* Doubletree through Hotwire for $66 so may go for that if nothing comes up. Perhaps it's just a little to early to be bidding for the SFO zone, though I've not experienced this in the past.

Any suggestions?

You have three re-bid zones at the 4* level
It's possible to get seven re-bid zones

You can use the permutation method to increase the number of times you can bid, but that doesn't change the fact that there are only four re-bid zones in this area. :)

If you would like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC as your stay is for different dates than the OP.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

No luck by now.

I tried:

1) SFO Airport 50$ - rejected

2) added Civic Center 55$ - rejected

3) added Cathedral Hill 62$ - rejected

4) added South San Fran 65$ - rejected

Since I have BW El Rancho Inn as Backup at 78$ (used the best rate guarantee to lower the price from 95 to 78) I will not bid more than 65-70$.

I'll keep on trying and update this thread if something changes

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]