Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vegas (Strip) Westin

We R PSU
By We R PSU,
in

I'm looking for a hotel on the strip for the above dates. I have the Freemont booked (first two nights free and third night for $90) but I can cancel. Since my total cost is under $100 and I have never stayed downtown, I'm not willing to pay too much for a strip hotel ($350 max for entire stay). I would not consider the New Frontier or anything north of the New Frontier.

You have four re-bid zones available when bidding the 4* level in Las Vegas (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Strip...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- if that is unsuccessful, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No luck on Priceline through SB.com. I used the outline bidding but lowered it by $5 (had a lucky feeling).

I may consider splitting the bid. I'm starting to think that a rental car and my cheap room may be the best option.

I was looking at 3/14 - 3/16 on EasyClickTravel to get a feeling for a split bid and it looks like Aladin can be had for $228 and Westin for $177.

I guess I'm turning this into a PL thread. I have split my bid on PL through Savingsbarn link.

Check in 3-14-07 and out 3-16-07.

Bid $45 rejected - PL countered with $62

Bid $50 with added zone - rejected

Bid $52 with added zone - rejected

Bid $54 with added zone - rejected

Bid $56 with last zone - accepted

Westin

$56 x two nights = $112.00

taxes and fees = $19.53

Total = $131.53

Wishing I would have asked for assistance before I started bidding. I always feel like I went too high. However, the cost was $238 on Westin's site, $248 on Orbitz and $177 on EasyClickTravel.

I'm not sure what to do about 3/16. Westin is $147 with taxes and fees on EasyClickTravel. A $120 bid on PL would put save $7. I'm willing to risk changing hotels but I would have to have some real savings.

If I book the last night on EasyClickTravel, will I likely get to stay in the same room? Is there any PL strategy that may be worth a shot?

If you choose to bid on priceline then make sure you keep your bids low enough so that it's worth your while if you have to change hotels.

Does the Westin show up on HOTWIRE?

Please start a NEW TOPIC if you want to continue a discussion/strategy for the balance of your stay.

Thanks for sharing your win and for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

EasyClickTravel is good will honor a refund if within the stated cancellation period.

However, note that just because priceline offers the "extend your stay option" it doesn't mean that they have rooms available at that rate... only that they will check that hotel to see if they can get a hotel at the same bid amount for you. Sometimes they come back and say they couldn't find anything, end of story... sometimes they'll come back and say nothing available at $xx but they can get a room for $yy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]