Priceline Hotel: 2* Racine Marriott

mike43068
By mike43068,
in

I am looking for a room in Racine, WI for next weekend (2/4/07). On Priceline, they list 2 hotels in the 3* category (A Comfort Inn and a Marriott). The Comfort Inn is listed at $54 and the Marriot is $99. Do I have any kind of hope to get the Marriott?

What kind of strategy can be used here? I'm afraid of bidding too low to get the Marriott and ending up paying too much for the Comfort Inn.

Hotwire shows one 3* at $88. I'd assume this is Marriott. But, it could be someone else. Hotwire also shows a 1* for $49. I'm thinking that is probably the Comfort Inn or Super 8.

I do have a reservation for the Marriott for $85 that is cancellable. I was told that the breakfast buffet is not available to me at that rate.

Is this a 'full' Marriott or is it their Courytard brand? Either way, is there anything in your confirmation screen about begin upgraded... i don't think we've ever seen either of these brands 2* rated (or if we have seen a Courtard as such, it is very rare).

Please let us know so that we can make sure our hotel lists are up to date and accurate.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

This was at the Marriott Racine, 7111 Washington Avenue. I guess it would be considered a full Marriott. I was not upgraded. This is a 2* facility. There are no 3* facilities listed in Racine on priceline. It was a decent property. Probably should be rated as a 3*

More details on the bidding. Started at $30 and went up in $5 increments to $55.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]