Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Vancouver (Downtown West) Coast Plaza Hotel

travelynn
By travelynn,
in

I booked one room on Hotwire for a 3 1/2* hotel in downtown Vancouver for May 18-21 which turned out to be the Coast Plaza. When I went back to try to book a second room at the same hotel, the listing had disappeared. I assume that the rooms are capacity controlled and that no more had been released at present. My question is whether as time goes by the hotel is likely to show up again on the list, or once it is off it doesn't come back on at all for those dates. I am very new at this.

Welcome to BetterBidding.

Please add the details of your win (zone (is this in Downtown West which i've added to your topic title), price paid, and amenities shown before your purchase)... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page; we will then answer your question(s) above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The price of the room was $99 per night ($297 for the 3 nights) with $53.14 taxes and fees for a total of $350.14. The amenities listed were fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry facilities, high speed internet access ad tennis nearby. This listing is for Vancouver Downtown West.

Could you answer the question about whether a hotel that has been removed from the choice list is likely to reappear at some point prior to the needed dates or whether it is likely to be gone for good once it disappears? Also, I see that it is still available for the third of the the three desired nights. Can I book it for one night and then come back in and book the first two if they appear again? In other words, is there any problem with two back to back bookings on Hotwire?

Sorry about missing your question (didn't do it intentionally... i often only read the last post in the thread unless i need to reference a higher post)....

HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level in each zone (the least expensive one). So if a hotel is no longer appearing, then it is either a case of: that hotel is no longer the least expensive for those dates OR they have offered no inventory to the opaque suppliers.

There is no problem with back-to-back bookings, just tell them at check-in that you have separate, consecutive reservations, and if they will block the room for you for the other dates. You almost never have to change rooms during your stay, but often you will have to go to the desk at some point on 'switch' day and have them officially check you out and then check you back in.

For which date(s) is the hotel is currently showing/not showing?

Please use this HOTWIRE link for any purchases you make.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]